Chapter 3

After settling in and learning where he fit in best, Gon was ready to set his plan in motion.  He came up with a new one that would better fit his groups' capabilities.  He was going to take Feitan, Shalnark, and Chrollo to the NGL to find the Chimera Ants and make sure that they weren't going to need backup.  He was laying in bed waiting for someone to come get him to leave.  He laid in the same position, on his back looking straight up, for the next two hours.  Shalnark eventually came in and told him that they were ready now.  

Gon grabbed a knife that he'd taken on his way there and left his room silently behind Shalnark.  Chrollo had gotten a car to drive them to the city Gon had been staying at with Killua.  It would take a while to get there so Gon was assuming that Killua would already be gone.  He was sitting silently in the back of the car while they drove.  Chrollo and Shalnark took turns driving so the other could sleep in case they had to fight.  Gon wasn't tired whatsoever so he just sat in the back with Feitan.  

He could tell that despite his previous trepidation, Feitan was warming up to him slowly.  He wasn't glaring at him anymore, which was progress.  Gon was silent for the entire night that they drove, playing a game on his phone.  The next morning as they stopped so Chrollo could rest while Shalnark drove, Gon sensed something near them.  He brushed it off but stayed on guard while they drove.  After a few hours of having that suspicion he spoke up.

"Someone's following us.  They have been the last switch."

Feitan and Shalnark both looked at him like he was crazy.

"You are wrong.  We have en on now.  Have had it the whole time."

Feitan spoke before looking down, probably embarrassed at his poor Japanese.

"Okay, but if we all die here I am going to kill you in the after life."

Gon leaned over to Feitan after Shalnark turned back towards the road.  He put a hand on his shoulder.

"You don't speak Japanese as your first language, so it's okay if you're not fluent.  It's difficult to master a new language, so quit beating yourself up over it.  For someone who kills people for fun, you're so insecure."

Feitan smiled at the last sentence, not that anyone could see it under his mask.  It was comforting to have someone other than Shalnark and Phinks to build him up.  Even when he was shut down, Gon was still too nice to not like.  He was always going to be the person to build others up, no matter what he did to make himself a bad person.  That wasn't a bad thing, even to the members of the Phantom Troupe.  What they didn't know was that the person following them could also hear them perfectly.  

They remained quiet for the next few hours until something hit the top of the car.  Gon and Feitan jumped into action, going out the windows to meet the enemy.  Chrollo got his book ready for a fight and Shalnark continued driving, pulling out his phone and needles just in case he had to step in.  

Gon and Feitan landed gracefully on the top of the car to find nobody there.  Gon could sense whoever was there.  He focused on where the feeling was coming from and moved towards it.  He reached out and grabbed the figure before it could dodge.  When he grabbed it, the invisibility was removed as well.  

Gon stood there looking shocked but otherwise unaffected by the new face.  

"You shouldn't have come here Killua."

"Gon snap out of it.  This isn't you, you are my best friend and you have to come back to me... Y-you can't just leave me after everything."

"Sorry Killua but this is me now, I needed revenge and this is who I knew could help me.  We failed and now I'm taking matters into my own hands.  It's time to show Neferpitou who's stronger.  You need to leave."

Gon had no feeling in his voice.  He had gone completely monotonous and Killua couldn't stand it.  He started crying right there.  

"You will get over it one day.  Make new friends, I was a terrible friend to you anyways.  Read the letter I gave you and fulfill the wishes in it.  Then you can know that the old Gon didn't die for nothing."

With that he flipped Killua off the car and into a nearby tree.  He hopped back through his window and laid his head against the headrest.  He thought about going to sleep but thought better of it, seeing as Killua might try again and he's apparently the only one who can sense him coming.  

A/N: Two chapters in one day, that's awesome.  Thanks for reading this far and I hope that you've enjoyed it.  Please leave criticism in the comments and message me if you have any fanfiction requests.  If I've seen the show that they are from then I will try to write them whenever I get time.