Chapter 29 - Shouko's Tenacity and Her Desperate Decision

*Shouko PoV*

*erupt*

As the seconds go by, another wave of my ice was stopped by her annoying quirk. It's been just two minutes since we fought, and I haven't even managed to scratch or wound her.

Just how good is her endurance?

Yuka: "HAHAHAHA, the look on your face is quite amusing!" She commented as she unleashes a multitude of roots towards me, on which I dodged easily. "And I gotta say, you've improved since our last battle."

I didn't reply to her at all, I was focused on finding some sort of way to gain leverage.

Her quirk is so wide-scaled, and it's somehow similar to mine.

Yuka: "Now that Y/N's not here anymore to stop me, I'll be treasuring this night as the night I kill you!" She summoned wooden spike trails towards me.

If my ice isn't viable in this situation...

In retaliation, I fire off my flames at the wood in a small but compressed stream, burning the wood instantaneously.

Does her wood easily burn?

I see Yuka in front of me a bit ticked off, possibly because of the unexpected heat from my flames.

Shouko: "So much for being hellbent on killing when your quirk is very susceptible and weak to my flames."

I direct my flames at her in a huge wave, and it managed to overwhelm her. A few seconds later as the fire dissipates, it then revealed that Yuka put up a wooden barrier that was unscathed by my flames.

Her woods now are resistant?

Yuka: "I expected a bit more heat to those flames of yours." She dismantles her barrier. "And judging from the scale and output of your left, I take it that you haven't gained full control of your flames."

Shouko: "....I don't know if you're careless or oblivious, but there's usually not this much talk in a fight."

Yuka: "I don't care!" She waves her hands towards me as spikes fly from below now going towards me.

I put up an ice wall to block them all, and as the first sets of spikes clashed with my ice, an endless barrage storms in.

Yuka: "It's useless! My quirk has no limit to the amount and variety of wood flora I can make!"

I merely scoffed.

Shouko: "I can do this all day."

I have to somehow knock her out or at least immobilize her. I can't waste any second, I need to be at Y/N's side in this crucial moment. And then, Aizawa-sensei specifically told us not to engage villains at any cost, which makes my situation more difficult than it already is.

In any case, I can't be on the defensive all the time.

As Yuka kept on chipping away my ice, I move back from the ice wall and crouched down. The ground under my right leg began freezing. Amassing pressure, holding it in, as I feel the ice about to break, I unleash my ice in a stride as I ride the continuously erupting ice path.

Yuka: "What the?"

As I fly with the ice stride, I emit my flames and target her as I continuously move around the area with my ice.

Although simultaneous usage of both my left and right is very taxing, the training I had these past days helped me control my quirk even better.

And even helped me develop an ultimate move...

As expected, Yuka was forced to leap and dodge avoiding my flames. With me now on the offensive, I waste no chance to gain the higher ground.