Chapter 5 - The UA Sports Festival and Conflicting Feelings

REVISED-[10/03/21]

*Y/N PoV*

It's been a few days after the incident at the USJ, the school decided to postpone classes to ensure the safety of the students. I had some calls from my classmates asking about my health and well-being, I simply said that I felt better now as to not worry them. Now that I had some rest, I also took chances to exercise in the gym.

I've been called by the league regarding the upcoming UA sports festival. They decided to cut me some slack and told me to just relax a bit.

Yuka called me a bunch of times also to check up on me. Though her death threats weren't pleasant one bit.

It's currently Monday and classes are back in full swing. Aizawa-sensei had a new look like a mummy man. I kinda felt bad for him, but meh. He looks less intimidating now so that's a plus.

He announced to the class the upcoming sports festival, which lifted everyone's spirits. I myself am also excited since I'm not just watching the event through television like before, I now get to participate in the said event.

I saw the look on everyone's face and just I had expected, they were overjoyed. The only weird thing that caught my attention however is Shouko's expression. Her expression looks determined like she wants to prove something.

She must really want to win the sports fest.

Aizawa: "If you get noticed by a pro hero, there's a chance that you'll shine brighter than you are now. If you want to shine in the way I'm describing you, this is finally the chance. A total of three chances throughout your time here. Do your best out there." He said to the class.

Being noticed by a pro hero huh. Well, let's give them a show to remember.

.

.

After Cementoss's class, it's finally lunchtime! I quickly dashed out of the classroom to go to the cafeteria. I've noticed that a bunch of students were outside our classroom looking at us but I paid no mind since lunch was all I could think of.

*Shouko PoV*

I'm currently in-line at the cafeteria waiting for my turn to order some food before going to meet Y/N outside for lunch. While I was waiting, I heard Iida and Uraraka behind me talking.

Uraraka: "All Might really likes Deku-kun huh?" She says which grabs my attention.

Iida: "Well Midoriya-kun has a similar quirk to his. Maybe he relates to him in a way." He says.

I agree. Lately, All Might seemed to favor Midoriya during classes. It's like they have some sort of strong connection.

Are they related somehow? 

I thought to myself as I grabbed my tray of food and proceeded to go to the tree outside where Y/N is staying.

While I was walking, I thought deeply about the conversation Iida and Uraraka have regarding Midoriya. What if Midoriya did have a strong connection to All Might. That means that if I beat Midoriya in the upcoming sports festival. I can show him that I can beat my foes without me having to use my left side.

I tightened the grip I had on my tray just thinking about that accursed man. My thoughts suddenly popped when I heard a familiar voice.

(Y/N): "Hey!" He shouts at me to get my attention.

Then in an instant, all my worries suddenly disappeared. The thoughts about my father suddenly got replaced by his vibrant smile.

This person is none other than the boy I like. Y/N.