Chapter 14 - Overwhelming Forces and His Awakening

AN: This chapter contains 4,669 words, buckle up y'all since this is going to be one long ride!

✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯

REVISED-[10/03/21]

*Y/N PoV*

I'm on all fours, on the ground, panting from exhaustion from being pressured too much.

Y/N: "*pant* dammit *pant*"

Endeavor: "Is that it? Are you really done fighting boy?"

In front of me, a hero so filled with pride and power. The most overwhelming opponent I ever fought.

He's...too..strong...

Endeavor: "What did Shouko see in you? You're disappointing me Y/N."

Shouko, she's passed out from overheating her left. It's only me and him left, time's running out.

I'm about to pass out.

Endeavor: "Are you this worthless?"

He grabs my neck and lifts me up.

Y/N: "*grunt* Ugh!"

Endeavor: "Are you going to summon another planet on me? Try to choke me again like a coward? Worthlessly use lava against my prominent flames?" He tightens his grip to make me pass out. "This is the end for both of you. You lost."

I can feel my body weakening, my mind spinning in circles, my vision getting blurry.

Are we...going to....lose?

.

.

.

*2 hours ago*

The practical exams have now begun. The teachers may have given us a handicap through the custom wrist weights that they will wear during the match, but I doubt it'll affect the battle too much.

We could either watch our classmates in their match, or we could prepare ourselves for our own. I really wanted to spectate our classmates on how they deal with the teachers, but I was more inclined to prepare for the match against the number two hero.

So here I am in a waiting room with my girlfriend, discussing what we would do to fight her dad.

Y/N: "So let's go with plan A. I prefer plan C to be a sort of last resort." I said.

Shouko: "Okay, we'll go with that."

The whole ordeal about fighting Endeavor is really messing up with our morals. It's like I'm going to fight my supposed father-in-law. I want to patch things up with him, but I guess it's only going to get hard once we fight.

I was in deep thought, not realizing that Shouko sat on the chair next to me.

Shouko: "You okay Y/N?" she said, snapping my thoughts away.

Y/N: "Yeah, I'm fine." but my face said so otherwise. "Hey...what do you think is the reason why Endeavor chose to fight us?" I asked her.

Shouko: "So that's what you've been thinking about." I nod. "For me, I think he just wants to test my strength. But regarding you... I honestly don't know." she explains.

Y/N: "As for me, I think he just wants to vent his anger on me for what I heavily ranted at him during the sports festival." I sweatdrop just thinking about an angry Endeavor.