Chapter 33 - Parental Conflicts and Shouko's Family

*3rd PoV*

The two walk together side by side as if things were fine as they should be. Despite the fact that the guy was a walking embodiment of untapped death who bears All For One, while the other was a fallen hero in training that has refined battle sense and the daughter of one of the most influential heroes in society, they had a renewed sense of hope after an... eventful night.

Together they travel through the halls of the manor to see their children who were being taken care of by Hikari and Tairitsu. And as they pass through a corner, they saw the doors that lead to their destination.

Y/N: "It's the first time we've ever properly walked together like this." Y/N comments.

Shouko: "First time in two years..." Shouko sighs.

Y/N: "But not the last time. C'mon, let's go see them before the old man sends us out."

As they walk closer to the door that leads to the nursery room, in a sudden twist of fate, the door opened by itself catching the two off-guard. And what comes after was jarring. A person steps outside the room, breathing through his grim-looking mask, and looks to his side to see the two looking at him with wide and tense eyes.

AlFO: "Oh, how rare of you to come here together." All For One spoke with mild amusement.

Y/N: "F-Father?" Y/N gasped quietly as Shouko tensed up. 

Y/N's eyes glared daggers at the man. What was he doing inside the room a while ago? He could only hope that he didn't do anything to Airi and Airu.

AFO: "No need to be so hostile Y/N." He noticed the glare. "I was merely checking up on the little ones, although I won't lie that I played a bit with them. A bunch of playful younglings despite the different personalities I got to say, haha." He chuckled.

The two were now feeling even tenser now. The sentence of All For One playing with their children is threatening in of it itself. He was the person they wouldn't want near their children, but they can't do anything about it, no matter what.

Who know's what he's going to do if they mess with him.

AFO: "By the way, Y/N, I forgot to ask this, how many quirks have you acquired from the previous mission?" He closed the door behind him and faced the two fully.

Y/N: "...sorting out the good and possibly useful ones, I've acquired a total of twelve quirks." He answers carefully. "That brings the number of quirks I have to a total of-"

AFO: "Two-hundred and thirteen. Pretty small compared to what I had before, but still a big number nonetheless. Keep up the good work, you're still far from the quota I tasked you with so use them well."

Y/N: "...yes, Father." He bows his head in feigned respect.

For a moment, All For One then stared at Shouko. His sight was enough to give her a huge clue as to what he was doing and what was the intention behind his gaze. She felt the huge weight on her head, and she did the best of her ability to deal with it. The stinging ring was like a migraine, although not that potent. She was battling a mental war, with her not giving up any ground. And after a short while, he breaks eye contact.

Shouko: '...*sigh*, you bastard!'

AFO: "Well then, I'll see you both in an hour. You two have got a new mission on your plates, so I'll be seeing you in my office soon." He said before walking in the other direction.

As All For One leaves their sight, they breathe out and look at each other.

Shouko: "He was trying to look inside my head again." She informs him. "Although he wasn't successful into tapping my mind... thanks to her..."