Chapter 30 - The End of Love...?

AN: This chapter contains 5,643 words, and just so you know, you will pick another choice for them (specifically for Shouko). So please tread this chapter carefully.

✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮✯✬✮

*3rd PoV*

It has been close to an hour after the villains' assault had occurred. After the decisive battle of Shouko and Yuka, the victor Shouko had suffered major wounds and injuries throughout her entire body. Despite her urge to go and find her beloved, she had to swallow every ounce of willingness to save him just to mend the pains she was experiencing.

Little did she know, that if she did go and find Y/N herself, she would've found herself face to face with the embodiment of death. But with her choice of heading back, she was able to escape that fate.

Who knows what would have happened if she went alone in her condition.

Shouko: "*huff*..... i-it hurts..."

Limping her way through the forest, the sounds of battles clashing were still heard around her. Quirks unleashing, dust winds passing, Shouko heard and felt it all.

Shouko: "...everyone..." She thought about her classmates, thinking about what danger they must be in. 

But other than that, she was more concerned about the choice she made to go to where the heroes were at.

Shouko: "...."

Her mind was filled with thoughts of mild guilt from the conscience of leaving Y/N alone. Debating whether she made the right decision stemmed from desperation.

But then again, what could she do in that state of pain? The only logical option was to head back and let the heroes handle saving Y/N no matter how much she wanted to save Y/N herself. 

That is... if the heroes do decide to save him.

Shouko: "...I can't see..."

Shouko's vision was getting blurry and darker, her sense of feeling getting number by the second. Her head was experiencing nausea once again, and it wasn't just from her being pregnant.

Shouko: 'Y-Y/N...'

Soon after her body couldn't take it anymore, she falls to the ground with a heavy thud. 

Shouko: '....s-somebody... s-save... Y-Y/N...'

On the ground, her sight barely looking forward, she stretches her arm. Only for it to stop dead in its tracks as Shouko loses consciousness from the damage she suffered.

By now, she was alone, lying on the ground with no one to help her. Vulnerable, incapable, weak. She wished that she was stronger to protect the one she loves, but given the current circumstances of her pregnancy, would she even risk it?

*step*

Shouko last saw what was in front of her, the dark narrow path of the forest trees and bushes. And at the end of it was only the dark.

But what she had failed to see was a figure looming, walking towards her just as she had fainted.

*stomp*

???: "You..."

.

.

Dabi: "*sigh*, I think I lost them from the fray."

Hiding under a large tree while wiping a sweat bead off his face, Dabi hides for a moment. Looking around him for any signs of the two girls who were tailing him.