Chapter 13 - Preparations and Start of Final Exams

REVISED-[10/03/21]

*Y/N PoV*

Internships are finally over and classes are now back in action. To be honest, I miss the days I worked with Gang Orca. But it's no use in dallying the past, I have to be ready for what's to come in the future. 

But there's one thing I am still tense about, and that is the light and sparks that emitted from my hands last week. I am pretty sure that I've not received a quirk that can do something like that, let alone knocking out a hero. I looked to my hands and reminisced about the event.

Just what really happened to me?

Shouko: "Y/N, are you okay?" She said, breaking my train of thoughts.

Y/N: "Y-Yeah..sort of." I said with mild exasperation.

Shouko: "I see. If you feel that something is wrong, don't hesitate to tell me about it." 

Y/N: "Yeah, thanks. Now the question is, are your wounds healed?" I said back.

Shouko: "They were mild injuries, so it's alright now."

We went on talking about what we did during internships, though I didn't tell her about my provisional license yet. I was about to tell her but...

Kaminari: "Did you guys hear about the new villain Ripper?" I heard from afar.

Sero: "You mean the one who helped Stain kill some heroes? I've heard it on the news."

Jirou: "And the media said that he's a teen just like us."

Hagakure: "A teen villain, that's unusual."

The more they talk about my villain persona, the more I felt uncomfortable. Luckily, Aizawa-sensei called us to ground gamma for rescue exercises.

.

.

We've reached the grounds and saw All Might standing proudly as usual.

All Might: "Okay, I am here! Anyway, we'll start now. It's basic hero training! Long time no see boys and girls! How've you been? For this hero basic training, we'll have some fun with a rescue training race!"

He then explained that it was not a disaster-based rescue exercise, but more of a race to reach the victim first. He laid out the rules and the groups.

All Might: "All right! First group is Ojiro, Iida, Midoriya, Sero, Mina, and L/N!"

We then got to our respective starting points for the race.

A factory labyrinth. With what Sakamata-san taught me, I need a vantage point to find the quickest way to reach All Might.

All Might: "Here we go! Start!"

Without hesitating, I made a lava platform and directly rose up in the sky. I saw where All Might is and found a linear path directly to his location. In the descent, I skid on some pipes with lava skates and hastily traversed through the factory labyrinth.

I can see and hear my classmates praising me through the background, but that didn't distract me one bit.

Kirishima: "YO, Y/N's slip and sliding through the pipes!" He praised.

Shoji: "I thought Sero had the advantage on this race, but I guess Y/N's smarts and quirk-versatility provided a better advantage."

Y/N was continuing his pursuit to All Might until a green flash zoomed by him and he saw Midoriya in his Full Cowl state.