Chapter 6 - The Cavalry Battle and Confrontation

REVISED-[10/03/21]

*Y/N PoV*

After taking a short breather, Present Mic announced all the forty-two people who advanced to the next round. Midoriya walked up to me to congratulate me for placing first in the obstacle race. 

(Y/N): "You did well too, considering you conserving your quirk." I replied.

He perked up a bit when I mentioned his quirk. Kinda strange that he acts all weird when I talked about it. Does he really have a difficult time using his quirk? Or...

Is he hiding something about his quirk?

My train of thought was stopped when Midnight said that the next event is gonna be announced. The slots rolled once again at it stopped at 'Human Cavalry Battle'.

Midnight: "Students will group into two to four people and one will have to be the 'rider'. The rules are the same with the normal cavalry battle; take the headbands of other riders while guarding your own, but it all depends on the points everyone gets for the performance of the event." She explained.

Later on, she discussed the point system of the cavalry battle. People who placed high up in the obstacle race get higher point-value than the ones at the bottom places. Meaning I get the highest point value.

Midnight: "..so on and so forth. But the first placer is worth ten million points!" She exclaimed.

The heck!! How is that so high!

That means that it doesn't matter how many points I get. Whoever can steal the headband from me is guaranteed to be first. I looked around me to see the stares. 

Am I prey now?

She then gave us fifteen minutes to choose our teammates. All the other students looked at me like I'm sort of a target for them. 

It's better to be in a team that can grab the ten million points headband than being the one defending it from thirty-eight other students. That means that I can't get my own teammates cause they will be afraid that the headband might get stolen.

Well, this sucks.

*3rd PoV*

Shouko can be seen picking out her teammates. As she was scanning who could be in her team, She caught a glimpse of Y/N sitting in the middle of the arena all tucked up in his legs.

She already convinced herself not involve with Y/N since it hinders her from her goal. Her mind may have decided it, but her heart is another story.

Guilt began building up in her chest. She made a promise to him but didn't keep it. He needs the help, but she can't give it to him. He is the goal she needs to take, but it's gonna be very hard on her. She clenched her fist and grit her teeth to the point that they nearly bled.

She wanted to help him so badly, but flashbacks of the pain her father inflicted on her and the disgusted stare of her mother when she poured boiling water on Shouko's eye played in her mind. 

Shouko: "My mind's telling me no, but my heart is aching for me to reach him!" She thought to herself.

Her mind is now on the tipping point of collapse. She was about to go to him to help him but stopped in her tracks to look at a scene that made her heartache..

A girl with vines for hair and a guy that looked like a silver Kirishima walked up to Y/N and tapped his shoulder.

???: "Excuse me, but you seem to be in a bind. Mind if we help?" Asked the girl in a pure tone.