t h i r t y - f o u r : i s s u e s r e s o l v e d

THIRTY-FOUR: i s s u e s r e s o l v e d

"You should just go," Ava said as I fidgeted awkwardly at lunch.

"That would look desperate," I said refusing the offer. All four sets of eyes at the table shot to me.

Zane was the first to speak. "I don't get it, I thought she was," Zane said. Ava hit him but he didn't seem to get the hint.

"I can hear you, you idiot," I said.

"You were supposed to princess," he assured me. Elliot and Celia started laughing but it had nothing to do with us the two were having their own private conversation. Elliot's eyes seemed to light up whenever he was around her, it probably had something to do with the fact that she was available again.

"I think you should go," Celia said turning and briefly joining our conversation. For the past two days they had all been trying to convince me to go, as if he was going to find some goddess to run away with at his grandparents isolated farm.

Then again that did sound a lot like something that would happen to me with my luck.

"I'll drive you," Elliot volunteered.

"Why are you guys so obsessed with me going?" I asked, they hadn't gotten off of my back.

"We've been watching the pair of you mope for far too long," Zane said. He didn't shrink when I sent him even my most threatening glare.

"How about this, how about we drive you?" Celia asked gesturing to Ava and herself. I ended up agreeing, I was going to go crazy if I had to wait much longer and my 'friends' were only speeding up the process.

^^^

"What are you going to do once we get there?" Celia asked. She asked it as if driving out here had been my idea in the first place.

"I don't know, I honestly didn't think you'd get me this far," I admitted with a self conscious laugh. The only thing that convinced me this wasn't a terrible idea was that one day years from now, what would I regret more? If Severous Snape had the choice would he go back for Lily?

I knew the answer.

Yes.

"What did you think was going to happen?" Ava asked from the back seat.

"I thought that my parents would have told me to wait," I said with a shrug. I didn't know why they decided this was a good idea, but apparently they thought it was fine.

"Well you need to come up with a plan," Ava said. I thought in silence, or at least as silent as a car could get as Ava subtly blasted love songs where someone admits they love someone else.

"Need any help?" Celia asked.

I shook my head, I wanted to do this myself. Then the idea hit me.

^^^

I stood outside of Celia's car with my overnight bag, which Ava insisted I bring insuring that I would be imposing on Mr and Mrs Edwards, lovely.

"Do you want us to wait for you?" Celia asked. I wanted to say yes but I couldn't, if I knew they were here waiting for me I chicken but and turn around half way to the door.

"No," I could see they understood why I couldn't have them here.

"Good luck," Celia said with a wave as she went to roll up the window.

"Make us proud," Ava commanded from the back seat. I laughed and nodded as I watched them pull away slowly.

I turned around and slowly walked up the long driveway to the house. They owned a small farm in the middle of nowhere. I got to the bright blue door and hesitated for a second before knocking. I wrapped my knuckles three times, all of the windows had curtains so I couldn't catch a stickers look inside the house.