•Chapter -5•

• Kabhi Laage Meri
             Toh Kabhi Parayi
            Jaaun Main Aise Ulajh

.
.
.

Riddhima's POV :-

"Riddhima, itne dheere dheere kya chalrhi hai... Jaldi Karna"

My best friend Sejal said turning behind.

"Ye heels bhi na"

I murmured lifting the pleates of my Saree. Walking in a pleated Saree that too when you are wearing pencil heels is a tough task, I'm telling you... This all is happening because of Siya... When I was wearing that blue churidaar, What was the need to ask Anupriya Maa to convince me to wear this 6 yards cloth...Now see, I'm not even able to walk properly

And above all this, Sejal is asking me to walk fast... How am I suppose to increase my pace when I am hardly able to walk in this pencil heels.... I'm literally limping. And all the students passing by us are looking at me as if I'm a joker. Let me reach home, I am going to give a nice earful to Siya...

After what felt like eternity, Finally we made it to the college gate. All thanks to Sejal for holding my hands while I was walking...

"Aaj tera driver tujhe lene nhi aaya? Lagta hai aaj apni duty bhoolgya... Kaamchor "

Sejal said making me roll my eyes. I don't understand her equation with Aaryan. Whole day she talks only about Aaryan and then pretends as if she dislike him.

"Wo aata hi hoga... Usne bola tha aadhe gante me pohochega"

I replied looking at the message that Aaryan sent me when we were in class...

"OK then let's wait for him..."

Sejal said taking out mobile from her bag. She called her brother Kabir and informed him not to wait for her.

Twenty minutes passed and we were still standing at the college gate waiting for Aaryan. I tried contacting him but his number was out of Coverage Area.

"Ye tera driver abhi tak aaya kyu nhi? Mai bol rhi hu, ye ek number ka kaamchor hai... Salary kaat iski Riddhima"

She said making me more irritated than I already am... From last Twenty minutes I'm standing here. My legs are aching because of these stupid heels... And above this, Sejal is eating my head...

"For the last time I'm telling you Sejal, Aaryan is not my driver. And for God sake, chup ho jaa meri Maa. Mujhe kuch sochne De"

I said in an irritated tone. I need peace to think. Looks like God granted my wish, because the next second Sejal threw her bag in my direction and started running back to the college... What the hell?

I thought of following her but dropped the idea when I found her entering the canteen area... This girl and her mood swings... God, I don't know how her future husband is going to handle her.  Few minutes ago she was fine and now she is running to canteen as if she has been starving for weeks... Bhukkadi.

Tedhi hai par meri hai..I feel blessed to have this bhukkad in my life. If she wanted, she could have called Kabir and ask him to pick her. But no, she decided to wait with me. Bappa you are not that cruel, I agree you snatched my family from me but in return you gave me another family. And I can't thank you enough for that.

I stood at the roadside, gazing at the sky which was beginning to darken into the shades of graphite gray. A drop of rain hitting on my face made my lips curl up to form a happy and contented smile.