•Chapter-18•

Jaane kaha mera jigar gya jii...
Abhi abhi to idhar tha kidhar gya ji..

______________________________________

Anupriya's POV :-

"Riddhima...Riddhima....."

Riddhima woke up with a jolt hearing my voice. From last 5 minutes I'm trying to wake her but this girl wasn't moving even her single muscle... I literally had to scream her name. 

Rubbing her eyes, She looked at me. Shock was evident on her face... All after she wasn't expecting me to see sitting on her bed that too in the morning.

"Good morning Beta. "

I wished her with a smile.

"Moooooning Maa"

She replied yawning. Is she still sleepy?

"Wake up my sleeping beauty... It's already late"

I said pointing at something. She looked in the direction where I was pointing. It was a alarm clock..

"Nau ... Nau baj gye?...."

Riddhima asked widening her eyes. I chuckled looking at her reaction.

"Haan ķabke...."

I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"Why didn't someone wake me up?...."

She complained removing the duvet from her body.

"Because I told them not to...."

I said getting up from the bed.

"Why would you do that?"

She looked at me confused as she was well aware of the fact that I like early risers.

"Because Mrs. Dsouza told me how u were completing assignment in the study room whole night."

I said picking up the duvet from the bed... When D'Souza informed me that Riddhima was up entire night in the study room, I was angry. Angry because Riddhima knows very well that staying awake till late night doesn't suit her. She gets acidity. But this girl never cares about herself. I know she is working hard to clear her exams with flying colours and I'm proud of her. But she can't neglect her health like this.

"Woh sab chhodo.... Go and get ready. Mrs DSouza is bringing breakfast for you. "

I informed folding the duvet. She rubbed her eyes and looked at me. Her eyes were resembling those of sleep deprived person, reddish and swollen.

"Aarti... Aarti se pehle breakfast?"

She asked in a sleepy tone. I so wanted to let her sleep for couple of hours more, but I can't help it. Her semisters are coming and she has to submit an important assignment today... I don't want her to get late for college.

"You missed today's aarti Beta..."

Her eyes widened hearing me. This was the first time we did aarti without her. Usually she was the one who would wake up early and help mummyji in plucking flowers from the garden, making garlands, cleaning the temple area... But today, we had to start aarti without her.

"Oh No.... Dadi?...Maa, Dadi naraz to nhi hogi na mujhse?"

She asked, unsure. Though Mummyjii is sweet, kind hearted but she can be strict too. Ask me, Afterall I'm her daughter in law. And I have seen that side of her as well...