Ch. 12 - A Monster From Another World - Part 2

Kamiro was still amazed that he could use his paralysis spell without an invocation or even having to make contact. But just the increased effectiveness was impressive on its own.

He looked at the creature's status. "Three minutes, huh?" For a monster of this size and strength, that's not bad at all. He regrouped with Earla and Ayu. "Are you guys okay?

The two girls nodded.

"A-Are you..? Earla said.

"Yeah, somehow, I feel great," Kamiro said.

Ayu looked at him from head to toe. "You... don't look great."

Kamiro forced a chuckle. "Well, I'll manage somehow."

"And what's with those strange powers all of a sudden? That would've been helpful before, you know," Ayu said.

"Yeah... but your guess is as good as mine. Still..." Kamiro did what he considered the best way to show his gratitude and made a perfect 90-degree bow. "Thank you, guys."

Earla nodded with a warm smile.

Ayu looked away with a slight blush. "Well, I guess... we owe you one too. I thought I was a goner."

"The main problem is that creature's regenerative ability. We must figure something out," Earla said.

"We still have a few minutes left," Kamiro said. So, any advice?

<Suggested course of action... transcribed.> The voice's suggested instructions became clear in Kamiro's mind.

...Man, you really don't like my friends, huh? I told you, I'm not gonna use them as bait to escape.

<This suggested course of action is optimal for survival. But... understood. Preference has been noted for future suggestions.>

Kamiro sighed. So... what should I call you anyway?

<My command designation is SOPHOS. But feel free to refer to me as you see fit.>

Gotcha. Hmm...? Yep. From now on, you'll be known as Sophie.

<Sophie... Understood.>

Great, now that that's settled. Mind telling me what exactly you are?

To put simply, Sophie was a unique Liber magic ability that helped its user in any way possible. M.A.I - Magic Artificial Intelligence is how Sophie described herself.

"Looks like we're almost out of time," Ayu said while the creature battled to move.

"I will fight with you this time," Earla said while she struggled to wield her sword and shield.

Come on, there has to be something...

Kamiro glared at the cult leader, who laughed and taunted the party. Kamiro's eyes widened when he saw Fleur finally free herself and spring to action. Neither the cult leader nor the few members that remained standing had time to react as Fleur snatched the magic book from Lesorugus.

"You foolish girl! How dare you!"

While the monster regained its movement and Kamiro began to clash with it once again, Fleur threatened to destroy the book, which seemed to be important to the man.

"Invocabo Ignis: Flame." A small fire emerged above Fleur's other palm.

"D-Don't! Don't you dare, you scum."

Even with no energy left, Earla and Ayu tried their best to help Kamiro fight the creature, but no matter how much damage it took, it regenerated.