Ch. 4 - The Rank-less Party

For the past few weeks, Kamiro had been training on using some dual dagger-like weapons, similar to those he had manifested during Di Reids' 'Simulation.' The academy was well-versed in preparing students to become great Adventurers, and he'd been making improvements on his combat abilities. But the same couldn't be said about his magic.

"...Divinus or holy magic is a special affinity. Usually used for healing, it's a lot more potent than elemental variations of healing magic..."

He was in a lecture for beginner student Adventurers and was somewhat attentive, considering how much it resembled those from his world's high school.

He still remembered how rough Mondays were back then... The school week's start was never fun, and he had his convenience store job to look forward to after school. At least the school wasn't strict about students working part-time or forced them to join useless clubs.

"Kamiro, if you're feeling unwell, please head to the infirmary," said the history teacher.

Kamiro had his head down on his desk, and the teacher's monotonous lecture only made things worse. The coldness against his cheek was the only thing keeping him awake.

"Yes, sir," he mumbled.

"Don't go ditching class again, man," said the student behind him, while a few others chuckled.

For the most part, Kamiro got along well with most students in his class. In fact, from an outsider's point of view, he might've even been considered acquittances with some of them. But Kamiro wasn't one for such superficial relationships. If he were to move, they probably wouldn't even question it. At most, maybe a comment like, "Guess he transferred schools," then, they'd go back to attending after-school clubs, competing in sports, and living a youth romantic comedy straight out of an anime.

But at the end of the day, Kamiro was the one that would keep everyone at arm's length. He'd long learned that it was dangerous to get too attached to people.

And he felt the same even in this fantasy world's Adventurer academy.

The beginner Adventurer instructor continued, "...and then there are the special hybrid affinities, made up of a combination of two base elemental affinities. For Glacies, it is a combination of wind and water. But even if you are one of few to have more than one elemental magic affinity, it still takes a great deal of hard work and talent to combine them into a special hybrid affinity."

I guess under her clumsiness, Ayu has some talent. Even with all the rumors, these people are fools not wanting a Glacies user in their party.

  "All right, that is all for today's lecture. Remember everyone, there are only two weeks left until the Party Ranking Exam, so if you haven't formed or joined a party yet, be sure to do so as soon as possible." The students rushed out of the classroom without paying too much attention. It seemed that even in another world, some things never changed.

Only two more weeks... if it's not one thing, it's another.

Before taking on quests, all student Adventurers had to join a party and get an official party ranking. The ranking of the party determined what quests they could accept.

At this point, almost everyone is in a party, and with me being a new student and unranked, of course, I haven't been able to join one.

Kamiro made his way out of the lecture hall and caught a glimpse of Earla talking to some students.

"Anyone looking for a party, we have one more spot open. All are welcome!"

"H-Hello. I might be interested in joining..." Earla said.