Ch. 3 - Another Typical Adventurer Assessment - Part 2

Within Di Reids' empty, simulated room, Kamiro stood like a mannequin.

"I'm sure you're well aware by now, my magic assessment is not typical."

To say the least. Couldn't I've just touched a crystal ball or something to tell me what kind of magic I had, if any?

"But the results it provides for measuring magic are unparalleled, so you can be confident in the results I'm giving you. They're certainly not normal, that's for sure!" Di Reids laughed.

Kamiro tried to join him, but his laugh came out nervous and awkward.

"Through my 'Simulation' ability, I can observe how your senses are triggered during intense sensory deprivation and analyze what magic affinity you have. Each person's sensory manifestation of the affinity might be slightly different, and the vividness of the experience is an indicator of the strength of the affinity." Di Reids' projected version of himself walked around the white room.

"For example, it can show that two people have magic affinity by the activation of one or more of their senses, such as touch. In such a case, one person might feel some raindrops while the other feels submerged in water. In that case, the person with the stronger activation of feeling submerged—has a high strength affinity to Aqua magic. If more senses activate towards that affinity, such as seeing an ocean for sight, it also adds to the affinity's strength. Does it make sense?"

"Ah, kind of..." Kamiro mostly understood what Di Reids was telling him but was just trying to process everything.

"I know it seems like a lot. To put simply, most people might have one or two of their senses show an affinity to varying strengths, but in your case, all five senses manifested a powerful affinity to Liber magic."

"..." What... does this mean?  Kamiro was speechless.

"Hearing—The echoes you heard of yourself, growing stronger, represented the personal nature of Liber magic. Taste and Smell—A strong, unidentifiable culmination of tastes and smells represented Liber magic's uniqueness. Feeling or Touch—A violent sensation of falling down a bottomless pit represented the untapped potential of your Liber magic. And sight—The vision of a being made of different colors and shades, with brightness so overwhelming that you could not stare directly at it. That represented the unknown nature of Liber magic." Di Reids seized pacing about and stood in front of Kamiro. "All five senses activating so violently, all towards a Liber affinity. I've seen nothing like it."

"I-I don't know what to say..." Kamiro's expression matched his words.

"A strong affinity to Liber magic is rare, I consider myself lucky just to have medium strength affinity to it, but the strength you have towards it... it's something else. Now I know why your experience was so intense."

Kamiro was unable to form any words. He didn't know what to think. He'd already been preparing to resign himself since he was sure he had no magic.

"On the other hand, I've never seen anyone not have even a hint of any elemental magic affinity in them. Ha-ha-ha!"

"Is that so...?" Kamiro was lost in thought.

"I know, kid. Don't overthink it; magic is mysterious, and there's still a lot we don't know. Legend has it that the origin of all elemental magic are spirits, one for each element. And although it's not heard of as much, there is also a story of a final spirit, one that's supposed to represent Liber magic." Di Reids' hearty laughter echoed through the white room. "Who knows? Perhaps that vision of the being you saw was that spirit." Di Reids continued laughing.

"Ha-ha. Right..." He's probably right. I shouldn't overthink this... In the end, this is what I wanted, right? But don't you usually see a god first that gives you powers, or do you have to die for that? ...Maybe it's as Di Reids had mentioned earlier. Everyone in this world has magic, and seeing as I'm now part of this world, somehow that includes me.