beautiful lies ➶ jungwoo

genre: angst, modern au.
pairing(s): kim jungwoo x reader.
warning(s): mentions of toxic relationships!
member: kim jungwoo (nct 127, nct u)

note! hi everyone! so, i actually made this imagine for my nct imagine account on instagram, @faeryjaemin, but i decided that i'm actually pretty proud of this so i thought why not publish here too? (also i changed my user, do you guys like it? <3)

ps. THIS BOOK IS SO CLOSE TO 100K YALL!! OMG I NEVER EXPECTED THIS WOULD'VE HAPPEN 😭 tysm for those who had supported me by leaving reads, votes and comments! i hope you guys keep on supporting me <3

love you guys!

~•~•~

"I'll see you soon,"
he was late 3 hours.

"I'll never forget you,"
he had forgotten about the date you two had planned.

"I'll never get mad at you,"
he had snapped at you when you did nothing.

"I'll love you, and only you,"
he had kissed someone else while you cried yourself to sleep.

The beautiful lies that escaped from his lips were lies that you couldn't let go. You loved him, but do you? The thought of having to leave him was tough, you absolutely hated it. His beautiful lies were something hold onto, a nagging thought in your mind wishing that what he said was true. But it wasn't. Both of you knew that.

~•~•~

Jungwoo held onto your shoulder, wrapping his arm around you. The two of you had gone out for a walk around town, something you didn't thought that Jungwoo would suggest. The feeling of having his arm around you no longer made you feel the giddy and happy feeling that you had felt before. You felt numb to the warmth he had given you. Numb to the feeling of actually loving him. Jungwoo gave you a side-glance, and what he saw was a simple plain look from you; your eyes didn't showed the sparkle of joy that it usually does.

Jungwoo's heart clenched. He knew he was such a bad boyfriend. He knew this relationship wasn't healthy for the both of you, but he was intoxicated by you. He couldn't leave you. He had no idea whether it was the love or guilt talking. He remembered the first time, this relationship has finally shown it's true colors.

~•~•~

Jungwoo sat in the bed, his thoughts racing in his brain. He burried his face into the palm of his face, his eyes closed. He cheated. He cheated you. He cheated the person who he had fallen for, the person who he felt he hadn't received enough attention from. He had kissed someone else.

"Jungwoo?" Your voice was gentle. The guilt overwhelmed him as soon as he heard your voice, your lovely voice. What was he thinking? He remembered all of those loving acts that you would for him, you sweet words that you'd say only for him, and every single thing he had loved about you.

"I cheated."

Your silence had eaten him up. He expected you to shout at him, to be angry at him. But you were quiet. He looked up, looking at the streams of tears that flooded your eyes, you sobbed quietly. He saw you biting your lip and the words you had spoken, made him felt even worse.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault isn't it? I wasn't enough...I'm never enough,"

Jungwoo was silent. He looked at you and the tears that escaped your gorgeous eyes. Jungwoo loved you, he truly did.

It was his fault. But you thought it was yours. Jungwoo felt like absolutely shit. It was his fault, not yours. He wanted to dry your tears, to say it isn't your fault. But he couldn't. Instead he had spoken a lie,