jaehyun ➶ love story (pt.2)

part 2 yall! hehe

~•~•~

This was bad, really bad.

You bit your lip as you ran a hand through your hair, a frown evident on your face. You were seated on a bench in front of an amusement park entrance, your eyes were placed on the figure that stood a few meters away. Jaehyun stood nervously, anxiously waiting for Haruka to come to his invitation.

You looked at your phone, noticing the message that the young CEO had sent you.

JaeJae
hey there, y/n. so, haruka isn't here yet but i just wanna say

thanks a lot for doing this.
you have no idea how much i appreciate this :)

you're the best, y/n.

You sighed, you looked up noticing Jaehyun looking at you; a warm gaze plastered on his face as he smiled at you. You smiled back softly, your heart clenched inside your chest. You were uncertain whether or not you wanted this. Sure, you were happy that Jaehyun can finally impress his crush, but what would that mean to you? You'd lose someone you've fallen for, someone who you actually thought you had a chance with.

To think, this started a few days before the date.

~•~•~

You slumped in your chair, and stretched your limbs; a soft sigh escaped your lips. Haruka, who sat beside you, smiled. "Finally finished?" You nodded, after what seemed like months, you had finally finished the final product and your game can be oficially be released to public! You smiled proudly at yourself, and smiled.

Suddenly, you felt an arm swung around your shoulder and placed gently on. A warm breath tickled the back of your ear as a soft and soothing voice echoed your ears softly, gently, like a sweet whisper. "You're finished? I'm proud," he smiled. You turned around to face Jaehyun just by a few inches, your eyes widened and you immediately leaned back; your heart thumping in your chest from almost having your first kiss by a guy who's heart is with someone else. Jaehyun grinned at you and patted your head affectionately, beaming with pride. "I knew you could do it, I'm sure this'll be a big hit," he grinned.

Jaehyun released the hold on you after giving you an affectionate squeeze on your shoulder, earning a few looks from your co-workers; since seeing this side of the Jung Jaehyun was rather rare to the eye. Jaehyun smiled at you before saying his goodbye at your department, and leaving the office with a wave.

"He seems happy," Haruka said, leaning from her desk to eye the CEO walking away. "Yeah," you mumbled, feeling the heat not leaving your cheeks. Haruka looked at you and bit her lip, "Hey, Y/n? Do you mind meeting me for some coffee afterwards?" You tilted your head slightly, confused.

"Sure, I guess?"

~•~•~

You quietly took a sip from your coffee, the taste of caramel filled your senses as you let out a heavenly sigh. Haruka sat in front of you, sipping on her own coffee as she indulged in the bitter taste. "So, what's up?" You asked, looking at Haruka. Haruka simply smiled and spoke softly, embarassed.

"A-Are you and the CEO close?" She asked, biting her lip. You looked at her, mouth slightly agaped as her eyes flicker towards the cup of coffee. "Well, I mean- I guess, we are friends," you replied, gripping on your caramel latte. Haruka let out a sigh, "So, you're just friends?" She asked, you nodded softly. "Yeah, well- what about it-?"

"I like the CEO!" Haruka blurted out.

You felt your heart rip softly, your eyes widen and you lips pursed. Those dreaded words slipped into your ear, ringing teasingly; not wanting to go away. It's official, the person you like has officially like someone else, and she feels the same way too. "O-Oh, that's great! You should try asking him out," you smiled gently. Haruka frowned, "B-But, what about you-?"