hendery ➶ shall we?

genre: fluff, highschool au, etc
pairings: hendery x reader
plot: you've been best friends with hendery since god knows when, and it was clear that the two of you had feelings for each other but don't have the guts to tell each other. finally, hendery plucked the last of his courage to ask you out.

Requested by StardustKiera

~•~•~

His eyes landed upon the girl whom he fell in love with for what seems like years. His eyes were blessed to see your smile whenever you two make eye contact, to see your luscious hair bouncing off your shoulder whenever you laugh, how your eyes sparkle with curiousity and interest.

Well, maybe that was just him. But he couldn't help it.

To him it was a mere crush, but to his friends, he was head over heels in love for the girl.

Wong Kunhang, or more likely known as Hendery, is the male that is hopelessly in love with his own best friend, Y/n L/n. His eyes gazed upon your figure standing in front of your locker, you friend talking at you as she stood beside you, occassionally letting out a few laughs here and there with you. A small smile tugged upon his lips when he heard your melodic laugh echoing into his ears.

Hendery and you had been friends till god knows when. The two of you were two peas in a pod, always going wherever the other was going. The two of you first met during first day orientation at middle school. Hendery was just wandering the halls, looking around when he accidentally bumped into you. He offered you some company while looking around school as an apology, you couldn't help but agree.

As clichè as it sounds, to Hendery, meeting you was as if love at first sight. Hendery had never want to admit the fact that he liked you, but his friends could read him like an open book, soon finding out about his 'tiny' crush.

3 months since you two met, Hendery had only thought that you were a small crush, simply a phase. But soon months turned to years, and he realized you weren't just a crush. You were the girl of his dreams. Hendery had never ever thought about asking you out. He felt like a wimp for not doing it, but it was better than letting your friendship with him go down the drain when you reject. So, he settled for being best friends instead.

"Hendery? Are you listening?" A voice snapped his train of thought, and he hummed in response, his sight not leaving you for one bit. A groan was then heard, and he suddenly felt an arm wrapped around his shoulders, "Aww, does Hendery has a crush? Let's see, why if it isn't Y/n," his friend smirked. Hendery rolled his eyes and pushed him away, "Haha, very funny, Xiaojun. Leave me alone, okay?" Xiaojun let out a laugh and smirked, "Dude, I can totally see why you like her though," Hendery raised an eyebrow, "I mean look at her! She's a goddess! She's really pretty, smart, and she ain't a bitch!" Xiaojun exclaimed.

"You're right, but seriously, fuck off!" Hendery scoffed, earning a joyful laugh from the white haired male. The shorter male slung his arm around the taller male's shoulder once again, and leaned upon him. "Y' know, Hen. It seems like you aren't the only one here who's interested in the girl," Xiaojun coughed lightly, his eyes fixed on the male in front of you.

Hendery's eyes widen upon seeing a cute male with fluffy brown hair and a soft smile plastered on his handsome face, a light red dusted across his cheeks as he played with his fingers nervously. It seems like the male said something that made you let out that laugh Hendery loves so much. Hendery felt the small monster named jealousy creep into his mind. Xiaojun noticed his friend's expression and patted his back, "go get 'em, champ," giving the prince-like Hendery, an encouraging smile.