renjun ➶ eternal

pairing(s): huang renjun x reader, slight zhong chenle x reader. (fem! reader)
warning(s): none, just the normal ones such as cursing at times, and etc.
genre: fluff, angst (attempted), comfort, immortal au.

______

He was falling in love, his love for her seemed it was for eternity. Yet, here they are.

His eyes widened in shock, his hands went limp as he gazed at her cold body. She was no longer moving, her breath went shallow and his lips quivered lightly as she weakly moved her hand to his cheek. A soft smile went on her face, but he couldn't smile back. Her tender touch made his heart ache, he tightened his hold on her.

"I- I'm sorry, my love." She muttered, gazing into his eyes with a look that made his heart shattered into pieces. "N- No, don't say that!" He bit back a sob, regaining his composure. "Please." He begged, touching her hand as she went limp. His vision went blurry, the only thing he could see was the moonlight that basked the face of his lover.

"I'm sorry."

He was selfish. It was his fault that she had died. If only he'd accepted the fact that he couldn't fall for a mortal, maybe she'd be living with a happy smile on her face. Maybe, she'd live happily with someone else. He didn't mind, as long as she didn't take her last breath. But, the thought of letting her go was too much to bare. The tears ran down his cheeks, sobbing quietly as he held her closer towards him; his tears dripped down onto her dress as she fell to her deep slumber.

That night, only the moon and the stars had accompanied him. The sounds of his quiet sobs and the frustration in his screams and shouts. The pleas and begs of wanting a second chance, begging for this sweet soul to live a better life without him.

That night became a memory of the stars, the moon, and the man who's heart had been torn apart and the knowledge that his longlasting life would feel dull and numb. He had learn that love wasn't worth it, he didn't deserve such beauty.

He didn't deserve happiness.

______

His eyes widened in shock, sitting up straight in his bed. His breath was shaky and heavy and his eyes blurred once again with the tears that had pooled in his eyes. He took a deep breath, calming himself down and laying back down onto the soft matress. He looked out the window, the moon shined brightly accompanied by the litters of bright stars that became his only companion in the night.

His gaze softened, "You would've loved this view." He muttered softly, gazing at the heliotropes that grew in the garden outside of his house. He let out a dry chuckle, how ironic. He reached his hand to touch the clear glass with his fingers. Tracing the outline of the flowers, he felt a lump in his throat and he gulped. He let out a shaky sigh, his hand slowly falling back to its place.

"I'm sorry, love." He whispered, finally letting himself cry. "Please...come back to me." He choked out.

And once again, that night was filled with the pain of the past who he could never forget.

_____

"Hey, Renjun!" A voice called out to him, followed by the sound of footsteps as Renjun stopped in his tracks. He turned around, eyeing the male that was jogging up to him, waving his hand to catch his attention. The male stood next to him, bringing his arm to wrap around his shoulder. The other male had a bright smile on his, a contrast to Renjun's confused expression.

"Jaemin? What do you want?" He asked, turning back to the path ahead of him and continuing his walk as Jaemin simply followed him and shrugged his shoulders. "I just wanted to walk to class with my best friend, can't I do that?" He pouted playfully, batting his eyelashes to seem innocent. Renjun scoffed, shoving his arm away playfully.