yuta ➶ fake love

genre: fluff, a tiny bit of angst, college au, etc
pairings: yuta x reader
plot: you were a simple college student, who dreamed of finally being in a relationship. but your life was full of hardwork and studies. but when yuta, your best friend broke up with his girlfriend, you let out a crazy idea that he seemed to accept.

~•~•~

A soft sigh escaped your lips as you plopped down on one of the cafeteria chairs, your hands clutched the books in your chest, and your hair tangled into a messy bun that you knew would be a pain to untangled. Your eyes wandered towards a pair of girl and boy, walking side-by-side, looking into each other eyes lovingly. You turned away, sighing.

"What's with the sad face, doll?" You turned around, and saw Yuta; your best friend. "It's nothing, it's stupid really," you laughed. Yuta looked at you, concerned. "Come on, something's wrong, I know it," he leaned forward, his arms on the table as he sat down. You looked away embarassed, "it's just-," you took a deep breath and looked at the couple from before, "i'm afraid that i won't find anyone right for me, and that i'll grow old all alone," you frowned. Yuta gave you a look, and suddenly laughed. You gave him a soft punch on the shoulder, glaring.

"Don't laugh! It's not like you'll understand, you have a girlfriend," you grumbled. "We broke up," your eyes widen. "What?" Yuta nodded, "you heard right," he leaned back, arms crossed behind his head.

"I'm sorry," you whispered, breathlessly. He laughed softly, "it's fine, Y/n. Besides, it isn't your fault," he smiled warmly at you, reassuring you. "She cheated on me more than i've thought," Yuta gazed outside the window, and you realized he was looking at a strawberry blonde haired girl, walking side by side with another male.

"Yuta, you know you deserve better, stop beating yourself up," you sympathize. Yuta chuckled softly, "you always do know how I feel, don't you?" You shrugged jokingly, smiling lightly upon seeing the male in front of you grin. Suddenly, a light bulb just lit up over your head and you looked over at Yuta who raised his eyebrow, seeing the oh so familiar expression you would do whenever you have an idea; either it's pure genius, or just plain stupid.

"Say, since you're single and all...how about this? We date for 3 month! Y'know, like, we become a fake couple," you grinned. Yuta gave you a bewildered look, and you coughed. "I mean, just so that I could know how it feels like to date someone," you blushed.

"Besides, if you wanna stop midway it's fine- I mean, if you wanna do it. If you don't, then-,"

"Sure,"

You looked at Yuta, surprised. "What? I need something to get my mind off of her," he shrugged. You smiled, "great! Then, 3 months?" You raised your hand, bringing it into a handshake, Yuta following your movements.

"3 months, after, we forget this ever happens,"

~•~•~

You sat side by side with Yuta, his hand grazed your's ocassionally. You looked over and saw how amazing he actually looked, it's not like you haven't noticed it before though. The way his hair was effortlessly swept to the side, a few strands were still uncontrolled, but damn did that just made him look better. The way his jawline looked hot from where you sat, the way his eyes would flicker from your hands to his cutely, the way his lips twitched softly to a small smile imagining his hand on yours.

He moved closer, his hand hovering over yours. You bit your lip, and Yuta finally gained the courage to grab it.

"Wait wait stop!" You took your hand away and a soft chuckle escaped your lips as you clutched your stomach, hurting lightly from laughing too much. Yuta grumbled lightly, "yah! I thought you wanted to know how it feels to have a boyfriend! I'm trying to be a great boyfriend for you," he humphed.