Chapter Thirty-Three

Daniela's POV

It had been three weeks since Kathy was discharged from the hospital. Three very busy weeks. Kathy still couldn't return to work, so she had moved temporarily to her parents' home so her mom could take care of her efficiently. Jason had wanted to be the one to take care of her, but there was so much inevitable work to do at the office, so instead, he visited her at her mom's place and so did Alexander and I, and Jason's mom Cynthia.

Like Jason, Alexander was also extremely busy at work, and I had been busy with my job searches, looking for alternatives since I couldn't solely depend on the one Alexander had offered. Jason and Alexander had also been seeing the police and some investigators a lot these days, hoping to find out the reason for the attacks, so they'd know exactly how to protect Kathy and I from any future attacks from the same source. By the grace of God, they were getting close to finding the criminal.

Kathy had had to attend quite a number of appointments at the hospital, with Jason, Cynthia and I escorting her whenever we had time. Today I had come with Kathy to the hospital for hopefully the last appointment since her wound was healing well. So far everything seemed calm, and I had faith that we weren't going to have to worry like this ever again.

"Hey can we stop at the ice cream shop before going home? I haven't had it in weeks," she asked as she walked slowly beside me. I wasn't complaining about her pace, because I understood she was still in pain, mild or not. In fact, at first, she wasn't allowed to walk at all. Now that she could manage small movements, she has to be treated like a baby, something Jason was an expert at.

"Are you sure?" I held her hand as we descended the stairs, heading to my car.

"Oh, for crying out loud Ela. It's just ice cream. It's not like it's going to split me open or anything."

I shook my head and chuckled. "Alrighty."

We got into my car, but then my phone started ringing before I could pull out of the parking lot. I took it from my purse and smiled when I saw the caller.

"Ohh, that smile tells me everything," Kathy teased.

"Stop." I rolled my eyes and then answered the call.

* * * * * *

Alexander's POV

I entered Jason's car with him behind the wheel, and soon we were speeding away from the office building. We had just talked to the investigators. It had been a great day, because I could finally be at ease with Daniela being at the hospital or anywhere else without a guard looking out for her. I knew she didn't like it, and neither did Kathy. I was sure they'd be happy to hear that Kathy's attacker was finally behind bars. Thus, the reason why Jason had suggested we go see the girls, since it had been quite a while since we spent quality time with them, but what I didn't understand was his speeding and his unusual jumpy behaviour this whole day.

"Man, what the hell is wrong with you?" I asked, unable to bear his incessant tapping on the steering wheel.

He only kept his tongue in his cheek for a while and then gave me a shit eating grin.

I rolled my eyes and looked away. "You're stupid."

I shoved my hand in my pocket, and grabbed my phone with the intention of calling Daniela, but that was when Jason decided to drop the bomb on my head.

"I'm going to propose to Kathy."

My phone almost slipped to the floor but I immediately caught it between my thighs. Putting my phone off, I quickly turned to him. "What?!"