Chapter Thirty-Two

Daniela's POV

My eyes slowly opened but I shut them again tightly as soon as I came into contact with the bright sunlight. I rubbed my eyes for a while before opening them again. I turned to look around the bed, but Alexander was nowhere to be found.

All of a sudden yesterday's events flashed in my head and I sighed, burying my head in the pillow. I had been hoping it had all been a simple nightmare.

"Babe? You awake?"

I turned, sitting up on the bed and saw Alexander heading to me from the closet. It looked like he had already had his bath and dressed up. He also seemed weirdly happy, which confused me.

"I'm sorry," I started. He raised a brow and came to sit beside me holding hands.

"For what?"

"Yesterday," I confessed, looking down at his hands. "I was so caught up in my feelings that I never asked how you were dealing with this whole situation."

"Really? Is that it?" he questioned, rubbing my shoulders, something I needed. "There's nothing to worry about. I'm fine." And with that he placed a kiss on my forehead.

When he moved back, I was still staring at him in confusion. "Why are you acting normal?"

He only smiled. "Why shouldn't I act normal?"

I sighed, giving up on finding what he was hiding. "Are you... going to work today?"

He shook his head, getting up from the bed. "I should, or else it would cost me, but no. Family comes first right?"

I smiled at that.

"I have to be there for Jason and Kath. Get dressed and let's have breakfast," he continued.

I frowned. "No. I don't want breakfast. I want to go see Katherine right now."

He folded his arms and shook his head. "I'm not sure Kathy would be happy to see you in an empty stomach and looking like the sky fell on you. Go take a bath."

I frowned even more at his words. "Kathy? But she can't-"

He cut me off with a simple grin.

My eyes widened. "You mean?"

"Yes sweetheart. I just spoke to Jason. Kathy's responding and she should be waking up anytime soon."

My heart seemed to flutter out of my chest at the news and suddenly I was filled with limitless joy. I immediately stood up on the bed and started screaming and jumping like a crazy woman while Alexander chuckled.

"Thank you, Jesus. Oh my God! Oh my God, oh my God!!" I chanted while laughing and jumping. "Oh, my Lord."

Without warning, I jumped unto Alexander and he quickly caught me in his arms, stumbling back a little.

"My God, Dani," he chuckled.

"Oh my God." Just then, silent tears just came rushing down my face, as I buried my face in his neck.

"Sweetheart are you okay?" he instantly asked.

"Yeah," I giggled through my tears. "I'm just so happy I don't know what to do."

He gently lowered me back on the bed. "You'll know when we get there. Now hop on my back," he ordered, turning around. "I'm giving you a free ride downstairs."

My heart melted by his actions and a foolish smile took its place in my face. I pushed myself up to my feet and jumped on him once again, circling my legs around him and my arms around his neck for support.