Chapter Thirty-Five

Daniela's POV

When I woke up the next day, the first thing my mind took in was my bare skin pushed against Alexander's taut form, reminding me of last night's vigorous activities. I blushed when I realised our legs were still tangled together, as I was in Alexander's embrace.

I finally found courage to look at my husband's sleeping face. I smiled looking at how the typical intimidating features of his face were now relaxed and calm. His eyes were still closed, giving full view of his pretty eyelashes. I traced my hand slowly along the sharp line of his jaw, still smiling in contentment.

I was in love. I was in love with a good man.

I made subtle attempts to pull away from him, as I was starting to feel self-conscious of my unclothed body. We had spent long hours exploring each other last night, but I was still not used to being naked in front of him, and of course I couldn't keep a sane mind looking at him in that state either. Moving was obviously difficult. This was my first, and I was very sore. In addiction my muscles were hurting a lot. Perhaps I pulled something.

I managed to slip out of bed without waking him. I rounded the bed and found my shirt, but then but it back down since all the buttons were missing. I grabbed Alexander's instead and then carefully and quietly walked out of the room.

I went straight to the kitchen, and got a bottle of water from the fridge to drink. I spotted some bacon in the freezer and decided to make breakfast, because I was unexplainably hungry and I realised I hadn't ever cooked since I got married.

It was almost ten am, so the employees would be working now and I could simply have room service bring us breakfast, but at that moment I wanted to do anything that would distract me from thinking about last night. I knew that if I did, nothing would stop me from rushing back to the room to jump on Alexander as I was feeling quite naughty. Don't blame me.

I found eggs and some bread in the pantry and started cooking.

I was so busy doing my work that I didn't realise I wasn't alone in the room. When I turned off the stove, I felt someone hug me from behind. I sighed, finding familiarity in his embrace.

"Morning, my love," he whispered into my ear.

I turned around and placed my arms around his neck. "Morning."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"I was hungry, so I decided to make breakfast," I told him, turning to look at my set up on the counter.

"And I'm hungry too. You know we could have just sorted out our hunger in the bedroom."

"Alexander!"

He smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear. "Do you realise this is the first time you're cooking for us?"

"Mhm." I smiled. "I hope you like it."

"You don't need to hope. Being here with you is the best thing in the world for me." He suddenly grabbed my butt, pulling me impossibly closer to him as he lifted me off the ground.

"Alexander!" I shrieked from his tight grip on my body. "I'm not wearing anything under this, and...and your shaft is poking me."

He then dropped me, still holding me as he looked at me accusingly. "You want more."

My cheeks immediately got stained with colour. "I...no-"

"Sweetheart, you don't have to be nervous around me," he said, rubbing my back slowly. "Especially after last night," he added huskily.

"My goodness Alexander. Don't say things like that." I pulled away and took the pan off the stove, placing the last omelette on the second plate. "Plus, we've done it like five times already."