Chapter 6

The photo above is mine

Crystal woke up feeling sick and dizzy.her throat was hurting too. Her mother had come in wondering why she hadn't come down for breakfast only to feel her forehead and realized she had a very high fever.Crystal mother then called the school to inform them that Crystal would need to take some sick days.after Crystal mom was done with the phone call.she had come back upstairs to give poor Crystal some fever reducing medicines and started on trying to make her feel better.when it seemed like Crystal wasn't looking like she wasn't getting much better her mother called into her workplace to say that she couldn't come in today and needed to take care of her daughter. Her mother then spent the whole day by her side trying to make her fever go down and her head hurt at least a little less. Crystal spent the whole day drifting in and out of conscious. As she drifted she saw multiple people coming in and out of her room to check on her or feel her forehead or get her to eat or drink something. But most of the time she couldn't stay awake for more then a second or two before passing out again. As time went on Crystal soon realized that the day had ended and night had come.  but her mother still stayed beside her bed the whole night.Crystal couldn't tell if it was her fever or not but she could have sworn that at one point she could have sworn that she saw zak's shadow appeared on the floor at one point when she had opened her eyes.But it could have been just fever filled vision. 

Crystal didn't get better the next day either.But her mother had to go to work so she was mostly left alone.Her dad coming in every other your to come and check that her fever hadn't gotten any higher. Crystal was able to be more comfortable and aware now. Her head was a lot less groggy now and she could sleep more peacefully. Sometime as she laid there she heard the window creek and as she tiredly opened her eyes. she saw zak come into the room. He look at her in the bed and quickly went over to her. kneeling down beside her bedside he grab one of her hands in both of his  "Chrisy what's wrong?!" He asked her taking one of his hands and whipped off his mask so she could see the worry on his face fully. putting it down on the floor taking her hand again.Crystal looked at him trying to say something but only managed a tiny smile. as she closed her eyes and opened them again she cleared her throat and managed to quietly said  "im not feeling well zak. I'm ill."  Zak just looked at her trying to not looked to panicked but wasn't seeming to be doing a good job of it. He didn't  say anything else for a while.just stayed by her side to give her comfort.after a while he explained that he had tried to come back sooner but says he couldn't  because he would be seen by her parents or someone else. So he couldn't risk it.And that he was sorry.Crystal told him in a small voice that she understood.But just as he tried to say more and Crystal had managed to look up at him. Zak   tensed up and paused then quickly grab his mask and ran and jumped quickly out the window. Before Crystal could really understand in her drained state. Her father came in with a bowl of soup. he then sat down and took the spoon and slowly started trying to get poor Crystal to sip some.

As the days turned to weeks of being ill.

Crystal may have gotten a little bit stronger then the first day but she had not gotten any better or any closer to being  healthier. it was a weird turn of events.Crystal  had to deal with  not only her parents and siblings and family doctor coming it every minute to check on her. But in between going in and out of conscious she know that zak was out there wanting to see her or be there with her. But he couldn't. Crystal couldn't understand why but she felt his frustration even though she couldn't see him at all. but there was nothing either one of them could do.  It was weird but the small times that Crystal was actually left alone. She found she finally had more then enough time to really think about things. Like really process things. You wouldn't think that someone would be able to take the time to think about anything when sick but there she was.

It was in this state that she started to really think that maybe it was time to ask herself what did she want. And so the questions began. ..

OK CRYSTAL WHAT DO YOU WANT? WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT? WHAT PARTS OF THIS ARE YOU TRULY OK WITH? DO YOU TRUST THIS ZAK? ARE YOU WILLING TO GO TO THE POLICE? ARE YOU SURE THIS IS SOMETHING YOU CAN GROW TO BE OK WITH? ARE YOU SURE THAT WHAT YOU WANT IS THIS TO BE A PART OF YOUR FUTURE? CAN YOU FIND A WAY TO BE INDEPENDENT BUT STILL OBAY EVERY SINGLE THING ZAK MIGHT ASK OF YOU? SHOULD YOU USE THIS SICK TIME AS A WAY TO TELL YOUR PARENTS ABOUT ZAK? ARE YOU WILLING TO BETRAY ZAK WHEN HE MAY HAVE  SCARED YOU BUT DID HE REALLY HURT YOU BESIDES A POP ON THE WRIST?

one thing Crystal had come to slowly realized as she had thought everything thru. She couldn't betray zak. She just couldn't. He had become a part of her life now by choice. No matter what she was just gonna have to deal with things as they come.after she got well of course. as for  the things zak would ask from her to do. That would something she was going to have draw lines on some things and find a way to try and make it work somehow. But first getting better was her mean priority. Crystal just wished that she could do something to assure zak that everything would be alright.But there was nothing she could do.