Chapter 18

The  picture above doesn't  belong to me

 Crystal was not really doing anything much. She was just crocheting some little patterns while sitting on a bench in her backyard. Just thinking to herself.   

 It had been a couple of days since her and zak had gone on their date and she was. Still riding the high of it. She would catch herself smiling and feelings butterflies whenever she thought about all that they had managed to do in a less than 24 hour period. All they had talked about, and how much they had made it enjoyable.even if it was short. It was the best first date she had been on and it. Gave her so much hope for their relationship and future together now. She was a lot less worried about how they would make it work now that she could see that they could make such a good use of what little time that they did have.

She had kinda come to accept that that was life wasn't it? You always seem to feel like you never have enough time to build a good relationship but than you use the time you do have and when both parties work together you start to realize that's what's important. That you both balance things and make it work somehow.

She was just crocheting away smiling to herself not really paying attention. When she heard a squeaky cute girly voice  say . . .

" so your the pretty lady that zaky  is trying to have a relationship with?! "

Crystal jumped up startled. She looked around her shocked filled eyes landing on a little girl standing right next to her bench staring at her curiously.

As crystal straightens herself back up and as she did she took note of this strange little girl.  The little girl in question was starting at her with biggest brightest green emerald eyes. Her face was cute and cherub like. With thick dirty Brown curly hair. She was wearing a long dirty pink nightgown and very dirty white socks. She was also carrying a big teddy bear. But the thing that was unnerving crystal was that she was that she seem to be  bleeding from the top of her forehead.

Crystal immediately  felt panicked . "oh honey are you okay? What happen to your forehead sweetheart.?" Crystal got off the bench immediately kneels down beside the little girl worried.

" hehe your funny. I see why zaky likes you. But you didn't answer my question tho." Said the little girl in a cheeky, curious yet stern almost  tone. 

Crystal than froze tried to remember what the girl had said. when she did straightened back up and backed away taking a closer look at this girl. Now that she was looking she could somehow tell that the little one wasn't as she first seemed. In fact she seemed to hold herself together as tho she was older than she looked by a lot. Her eyes showed wisdom that seem beyond her years and she seemed way to cut up and tattered to be fully okay. Which told Crystal one thing. She wasn't entirely human.  Which meant that she was someone zak had probably told her to watch out for.

Crystal saw that the girl was still waiting for an answer. So she just said " oh yes me and zak are in a relationship. But its complicated. " she felt honesty was the best policy.

"Oh that's good. I just wanted to make sure I had the right girl that's all. he ha he." The little girl giggled kinda creepily. " my name is sally. It not everyday mr. slenderMan lets a proxy have a girlfriend. Good to finally meet ya." She reach out her hand to shifting her teddy bear into her other hand.

Crystal didn't know what to really do but didn't want to be rude to the little girl. So she shook the girls hand uncertain. " Crystal um nice to meet you too sally." 

" I've heard alot about you from zak. oh and next time miss Crystal you should more careful who you shake hands with next time.for your own good I mean. Its not always a hand shake to everybody.If you catch my drift. Not sure if zak had motioned that or not." She finished sounding creepily happy about that last part.

Crystal quickly ripped her hand away frightened now. but sally just laughed " its ok I don't have those kind of powers. So you don't have to worry about that miss." 

Crystal quickly tried to compose herself ."  oh alright that's . . .great than " she said uncertain about this whole thing.

" Actually I didn't just come here to just see you for myself " sally said  " but I also came here to see if you would be so kind as to come and meet the rest of the family." Sally said cheekily " zak is wrong to keep you all to himself and not let us at least meet you the very least. " her tone getting creepier as she went on . 

" Um I'm not sure .. .if .." Trailed off not knowing what to really say.but thankfully she didn't have to.

"Sally!" zak  called half stern half worry as he weekly came out of the woods to where they were standing. " that's enough sally. She isn't going to the big house yet not without me or protection first." 

Sally looked at him and pouted. " your no fun.  Zaky and you can't just keep her all to to yourself you need to share." 

"She's my girlfriend sally and there will be no sharing. Not of that kind anyways." Zak told her firmly. " Now off with you now. Back to home with ya." 

" Your no fun zak you just wait until slendery hears about this!" She stumps her foot as she says that and than spins around but as she's turning to go she looks at Crystal again. And said " it was nice meeting you miss Crystal will just have to play again some other time when zak's not being a big fat meany keeping you to himself and I'll introduce you to the others too. " as she started walking away she said " feel free to come by The mansion sometimes. don't be a stranger. " she seem to aim that last bit at zak somehow without turning around or even looking back at him.Crystal could just feel that that last bit was for his benefit.

as she disappeared zak clenched his hands tighter and seemed to grow angrier. He than looked at Crystal and even tho he was wearing his mask somehow they knew just what the other was seemingly thinking about in that moment. 

The head family was getting more interested in her just as zak had predicted and they were getting impatient. And it would be only a matter of time before Crystal was forced into meeting them and they wouldn't all be nice.