Chapter 20

The picture above isn't mine.

The next few weeks were hectic. Crystal  was once again stressed out. And nervous about everything again. She could swear that every so often she would see someone new watching her or walking past her wherever she went. And she could just show how tell that they weren't all humans. There was something wrong with how they were much too still or didn't walk correctly. 

She even got stopped by some of them. A couple said something to her. And many more didn't  say anything at all just stared at her or made weird low noises.  Sometimes she tried to ignore them but that was almost impossible. The feelings they gave her was hard to ignore.

She wanted to tell zak but he was anywhere to be seen and that made her even more worried. She also felt that was why they had so much more braver in showing themselves to her. They had waited until he wasn't around to try and protect her.

She was tried to just remember what zak had told and she had also read some of the articles and books and stuff he had left her in her room. And she had tried to put them to good use. Using them for research to try and help her prepare herself for anything that might help her. Some of it helped. But Crystal had also found that there is a such a thing as knowing too much. The books and stuff that she had read. Had also made her all the more fearful. Just because you know more than she did before doesn't mean that was even more or less.

And she found herself questioning herself again and weather or not her and zak would really be okay at all. But whenever thoughts like that tried to get at her she managed to push them away by remembering all the things her and zak had done and thought about all the good things that had come from their time together. And she told herself  that was what she should be focusing on not weather or not it will last at all. It wouldn't do her any good.

Still that didn't take away the fear and nervousness that she felt when went through her day wondering if one of these family members of were going to make her their plaything  or hurt her and her love ones. Or maybe take her away somewhere.

Would she be strong enough to get out of a situation like that? Sure zak had trained her to be strong and fight a little bit. but was it enough to use in a situation without him? What if she did something to make them mad or disrespectful? And it became something of a problem for not only her and her family but for zak as well? And worse what if she did something and made one of them so well that they just decided to kill her outright?! Or her family what about them?. 

Poor crystal needed zak to come back quickly. She knew that zak couldn't do much against his masters but Crystal just kinda just wanted him to be here with her. She just felt better when he was there with her even though he might be able to do much about the  situation at all. She just felt a little bit stronger when he was there. She knew that was kinda strange giving the issue and she couldn't really explain why but it was true

When Crystal got home from work and going to the market for fresh products.  Her came to welcome her back .

"Hey Crystal glad to see you back , honey."her mom said " Here let me help you with that." As she reaches out and grabs the grocery bags that Crystal was carrying .But just before crystal could relax.Her mother added. . .

"Oh and honey . .I hate to be a bother" she said apologies in her voice " but I need you to Change clothes and go outside and do some stuff gardening for me. You know pulling some weeds and tending the soil. " 

Crystal was tried and stressed out and had really been looking forward to just going to her room and just taking some time for herself. But her mother needed her to do this for her and she would just have to tuff it out. " sure, I'll  do it." Crystal told her.