22

Grayson

The jail cell was smelly, cold and stuffed to the brim with people.

I recognized most of them, people who dealt in the same business that I did.

I'm so fucking screwed.

With the wrap sheet I have I'll be lucky if they don't give me the death penalty.

I hope the girls are okay, that Emma and Lily got out and that Daniel didn't get his hands on Maya.

Fuck Ethan, I blame him for this mess, I know he was behind it all. Who else would be dumb enough to call the cops on a building full of mobsters.

"Back off!" I looked up from where I was sitting to see two guys getting confrontational. Oh boy.

"Fuck you!" The second man spat.

The first one shoved him and they broke out into a fight. I wasn't going to try to stop it, my goal right now was to bring little to no attention to myself.

"Hey!" Here comes some guards.

They opened the cell doors two of the guards pulling the two men apart, another headed straight for me.

He roughly grabbed me pulling me out of the jail cell.

I didn't say anything as I was dragged away, fuck, they know about me.

I was thrown into a supply closet, I sat up confused only to be met with a boot to my face.

Blood gushed out of my nose as my head hit the floor, pain surging through me.

Maya

"Please stop pacing" Lily softly begged as Emma slept quietly in the bed provided by Sam.

She had driven us to a house in a nice neighborhood where we all were able to change into dry clothes.

The fat fuck who stepped on me broke two of my fingers but that was the least of my worries.

"How are you not worried? The guys are out there, god knows where, we don't even know if they're dead or alive" I kept my voice low so I wouldn't wake Em.

"You don't think I'm aware of that!?" She quietly snapped making me stop all my actions. "But right now, my main priority is that Emma is safe and isn't scared for her life. I love Jose but I know what he would want me to do"

I nodded sitting down on the edge of the bed rubbing my growing belly. "You hungry?" I asked her after a minute or so of silence.

"A little" she nodded looking down at Emma.

"I'll get you guys something" I mumbled leaving the room.

The house was nice, it was only one story but it was grand, the white and gold theme reminded me of my mothers house.

I heard arguing voices coming from a room near the back of the house. Well a arguing voice.

"This wasn't apart of the deal, Ty" Sam said, I didn't hear Tyler speak so I assumed she was on the phone. "Please, come home, you said we would get your friends and get out, we got three of em!"

Thankfully the door was open.

"Come home" Sam said sternly.

Home? Does he live here? With her?

"Fine, I love you" she said finally.

I knocked on the door frame and she turned to me.

"Oh, you guys are awake?" She said clasping her hands together, her phone in between them.

"Yeah, could we get anything to eat?" I looked around the room she was in. It was a messy office with multiple monitors and something mapped out on a large cork board.

"This kitchen is right through here" she stepped out of the room closing the door behind her.

What is going on here?

-

Sam

Sam