21

Maya

Panic coursed through me as I clenched my wet hiked up dress, searching through the crowds of running people for any of my family.

I was already on edge at the table so when the lights cut out I bolted, then the gun shots started sending everyone into a panic.

There was a crowd of people blocking the main exit, i stopped in my tracks looking around for somewhere else to go.

I turned to run towards the stair well hoping to run into Grayson but I bumped into someone hitting the ground hard. I looked at the person who was now seizing. The flashing lights.

I reached out to help them but someone stepped on my hand. I let out a scream in pain.

I'm sorry whoever you are.

Standing up and hiking up my dress with my good hand I dashed back to the dining hall, finding the hall that lead to the kitchen.

It was empty, no one had thought to take this way, it almost makes me want to turn back and get a few of the wounded.

I felt a hand grab me and yank me into solid darkness. I thrashed and screamed to get out of their grip.

A hand went over my mouth and they squeezed me keeping me still.

I heard boots running in the hall and the person hid us in a room. I looked up from where we sat through the small window on the door, the flashing lights momentarily illuminating the words on their uniforms.

Swat?

Once we heard no boots the person let me go. They turned on a flashlight, taking their mask off.

Tyler.

"Tyler?" I hugged him tightly. "What's going on? I-Is Ethan with you?"

"No, I'll explain everything later, but we have to go, now!" He grabbed my injured hand and I winced pulling it away.

"No, I'm not going anywhere till I find Ethan or any of the others" I said looking out the small window on the door.

"Maya, they're all trained for situations like these, please let me get you out of here" he pleaded and I gave in, not for me but for my baby to be.

I nodded and he grabbed my other hand pulling me out of the room and down the hall towards and through the kitchen and out the back door.

He opened the back door of a bakery truck revealing a soaked and shaken Lily and Emma.

"Maya!" Lily gasped holding a hand out from me, I gratefully took it getting into the van.

"Sam!" Tyler called and a red haired girl popped her head in from the front. "Go"

"Tyler, not yet we-"

"He fucked us over, go now!" He demanded before slamming the door shut.

The car lunged forward and we were off.

"Wait, Tyler's not coming with?" I asked her. She stood silent as she drove.

"Answer me!" I demanded.

"Maya" Lily called and I looked back at them seeing how frightened Emma was.

I sat back down next to them in defeat, I feel so fucking helpless.

"Where's Jose?" I asked.

"I don't know"