13

Maya's POV

I laid next to a sleeping Ethan, the only thing covering our naked bodies was a thin white sheet.

He looked so peaceful, I envy him in this moment. I haven't slept in days, I haven't told him of course.

I can't relax, my body won't let me. Every time I lay down I feel like something is going to happen. I know that this stress isn't good for the baby but nothing I've been doing to calm myself is working. I'm constantly on edge, the only scrapes of relaxation I have are these little moments with Ethan. But they never last long.

As if on cue Ethan's phone began ringing loudly. I sighed.

I placed a kiss on his forehead before shaking him gently awake.

"Hmm" he hummed.

"You're phone, baby" I whispered.

He sat up rubbing his eyes, letting the thin blanket fall leaving himself exposed to me.

Not that I minded.

"Hello" he stood at the end of the bed holding his phone to his ear.

I sat up holding the thin blanket to my chest to keep myself covered.

"Alright, I'll be there in an hour" he sighed before hanging up.

"Leaving already?" I asked slightly irritated. Not at him but at whoever was taking him away from me.

"Sadly yes" he tossed his phone on the bed before crawling up on the bed until he was right on top of me.

"Shower with me?" He kissed my forehead, his strong arms on either side of me so his weight wasn't on me.

"Don't you have to be somewhere?" I asked caressing his face.

"I said an hour for a reason" he smirked with a wink making me giggle.

-

Ethan's POV

"Finally" Jose says as I walk up to him and Carlos.

"I got here as quick as I can" I lied, they didn't need to know what kept me.

"Why are we here again?" Carlos asked in annoyance. It was 11 p.m. on a Wednesday night I'm sure we would all rather be back in bed with our partners.

"Who knows with this man?" Jose mumbled as he opened the big double doors that led to Daniels office.

"Gentlemen" Daniel greets us from his huge desk. "I promised you all that we'd find the people who killed your friend Tyler"

I kept my face neutral but I was confused. He killed Tyler and no way in hell is he going to confess.

"Dominick Ramirez" he said.

"Ramirez?" Jose asked. "Why would he want Tyler dead?"

Dominick Ramirez, a young mobster from Miami. His dad used to do business with Mr.Grace. Cancer killed him causing Dominick to take his place at the age of seventeen.

"His business is small, he wants power. What better way of doing that then to kill the people above him?" Daniel shrugged.

He's lying, why is he lying? To take Dominick out? Why? Dominick poses no threat to Daniel. He could crush him without a second thought.

"I've arranged a private jet to take you to Miami" he smiled.

"Why?" Carlos asked.

"Well revenge of course. You're not going to let him get away with hurting your family, are you?" He asked with a suspicious look.

"Of course not" I spoke up. "When do we leave?"

-

I opened the door as slowly as possible not wanting to disturb Maya but she was awake on her laptop.

"Hey, how'd it go?" She asked me as she closed it making the moon our only source of light. I didn't mind it, Maya looked magnificent in the moon light.

I said nothing as I headed over to her planting a kiss on her sweet lips. I didn't want to worry her.

"Do you want to shower before bed?" She asked me as she brushed my hair back with her fingers. It must've looked like a mess from how much I have been stressfully running my own fingers through it.

I shook my head no as I layed down hugging her torso, resting my head on her chest.

I didn't want to leave her here, I didn't want to leave them here. "You're a month now" I whispered.

"Yeah, shes the size of a poppy seed now" Maya chuckled as she gently scratched my scalp.

"She?" I asked.

"I'm hoping but I'd be just as happy with a mini you running around" she placed a kiss on my head. "If it's a boy we can name him after your dad and if it's a girl we can name her after my mom"

I closed my eyes, my mind drifting to a future where Daniel wasn't a problem and I lived someplace far far away with Maya and our beautiful baby.

"It's twelve" she said. "Merry Christmas Eve"