17

Ethan's POV

I fixed the plate of waffles up, adding fruit to it before drizzling maple syrup on it.

I was a dick last night, I see that now but it's true. The way that Grayson looks at her, I can tell he still has feelings for her. I let my emotions get the best of me and me I hurt Maya.

My blood boiled as I thought of what Daniel had made her do. That was another thing I added to my list to make him suffer for when I had the chance.

I placed the plate of waffles and the other things I had prepared for her on a tray before bringing it upstairs.

She was still peacefully asleep. I almost didn't want to wake her up but everyone would be here soon.

"Baby" I called out. She stirred in her sleep rubbing her eyes as she became conscious.

"What?" She sat up looking around disoriented.

"I made you breakfast" I opened the little legs on the tray before placing it over her lap. "I'm sorry"

"Apology accepted" she said eating a strawberry off the plate. "But this jealousy has to stop, Ethan. Grayson is my friend, my family actually. And he is your brother, you must know we would never do anything to hurt you" I believe she wouldn't do anything but I wouldn't put it past Grayson.

"You're right, M. I've just been stressed out and it was misdirected anger" I sat on the bed as I watched her cut into the waffles.

"Merry Christmas!!" The door swung open and Emma ran into the room.

"Hey!" Maya laughed at her giddiness.

I watched as she hopped up on the bed and hugged her.

"I made you this" she said giving her a card with a little box.

"To the best auntie in the world" Maya read aloud. Before opening the box. Inside was a handmade friendship bracelet that had Maya's name spelled out on white beads. "Oh thank you so much, it's the best gift I could ever ask for" she hugged Emma tightly.

"I got you one too!" She handed a box.

"Oh" I said surprised. "Thank you" I opened the box. It was a necklace, that consisted of a little heart charm on thick a neon pink string. "Thank you, I have just the outfit for this" I said pulling apart the two plastic pieces on the end so I could put it on.

She smiled.

"Go wait downstairs while we get ready, hm?" Maya said and Emma nodded before running off.

"Eat up, hm? I'll be downstairs" I kissed her forehead before going downstairs.