Nine

Jungkook opened his eyes, and he immediately felt better. The pain in his chest was almost completely gone, and it was obvious he had gotten cleaned up, since he wasn't in his normal clothes and the mud was off of him.

What was he going to do?

He was now with this random stranger who could be working for the government and hunt down his caregiver, or he could be the exact same person- abusive.

He made a promise to himself he wouldn't be surprised if he was abused by this man too.

Now he had 2 extremely abusive caregivers after him.

God, what on Earth was he going to do?

He couldn't just hide with this new stranger- the two caregivers would probably gang up together against him, and hurt the stranger and him. At the thought, he started to silently cry.

He looked around with glossed eyes, but jumped when he saw the stranger asleep in the corner of the room. He looked absolutely exhausted.

He's still a burden. Perfect!

He turned over onto his side to cuddle himself, but a huge lightning bolt of pain prevented him from doing that. He remained on his back.

He tried not to cry too loudly, and so he cried into his arm. He didn't want to admit it, but he was scared. He was terrified.

Scared and alone and lost.

"Hey, you're- oh, are you okay?"

Great. He woke up the anonymous stranger who rescued him from literal death.

He forced himself back into little space so he wouldn't have to talk with the man.

"Does something hurt, are you alright?" Taehyung asked, sitting down next to the stranger on the hospital bed. The little said nothing, simply just looking around the room. "You're at the hospital, you had to have surgery for your rib- do you remember?" He asked, looking the younger in the eyes.

His eyes were just- so beautiful. Deep brown, and sparkling with curiosity. Absolutely adorable.

The little nodded, remembering what had happened. "Again, I'm Taehyung. I found you in an alleyway, and I knew your rib was broken so I took you here- to a hospital. I already paid for everything; your surgery, bills, whatever, so you don't have to worry about a thing." Taehyung explained, looking into the younger's deep brown eyes. The little still seemed clueless, and looked up at the ceiling.

Taehyung was very confused.

"So, do you want to tell me what happened? Did someone do this to you?" Taehyung asked cautiously. The little lightly bit down on his bottom lip as he nodded- which always made Taehyung scream and jump around inside from the cuteness.

It was on the list of: 'Top 10 Things Littles Do That Kills Taehyung'.

But he wasn't in little space. Right?

"Who did it to you?" Taehyung asked concerningly. The younger continued to stay silent, smiling weakly at Taehyung before sliding his hands between his legs. "I'm sorry- I understand if you don't want to talk to me." Taehyung huffed silently, looking down at his lap.

Out of nowhere, the younger did grabby-hands to him.

"Wait, a-are you-" The little nodded, and pouted for the other.

How did he slip so quickly and so suddenly?

Taehyung moved up next to the younger, and he instantly clinged to him. "Does anything hurt, bub?" He asked, running his hands through the younger's hair. The little shook his head, lying to Taehyung, and nuzzling his face into his neck.

Taehyung about died.

-20 minutes later-

"He'll need to be here for a few more hours, then his doctor will prescribe him some medicine and he's free to go home." The nurse explained, making the little stirr around in his sleep and eventually waking up. "He's never been to a hospital before, so I don't think he has a doctor." Taehyung explained, keeping his fingers in the younger's hair. "He got one today." The nurse explained, paging the doctor. "Oh okay." Taehyung nodded.

"What you did was incredible. He would've died by night if you didn't rescue him. We don't see people like you very often." The nurse smiled warmly. "Usually people are scared of others these days." She added. "I could understand that." Taehyung agreed.

"Sorry I'm a bit late, I was with another patient." Jin laughed, dropping a pen into his white lab coat pocket. "Hyung?" Taehyung asked in surprise. "Oh, hi Taehyung." Jin smiled at him like this wasn't a surprise. "I thought you worked somewhere else." Taehyung announced. "Nope. If you were listening to me the other day, I told you what hospital I worked at." Jin told him, raising an eyebrow smartly. Taehyung stuck his tongue out at him.

"We didn't get a chance to document your name, what is it?" Jin asked, looking at the unknown little warmly. The nurse looked up as if she was ready to memorize it.

But the patient shook his head.

"We have to know your name if you want to stay here."

The little shook his head violently again.

"Name?" The nurse looked to Taehyung. "I don't know either." Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, looking down to the younger male resting practically on his side. "Bub, what's your name?" He asked in a lower voice.

The little looked like he was going to tell them, but just shook his head.

"Do you have a speech impediment?"

The male shook his head.

The doctors were confused.

"Could you maybe come back later? He told me his head hurts." Taehyung asked, looking at Jin and the nurse. Jin was confused on his friends actions, but nodded and left with the nurse- both smiling warmly.

"Bub, are you verbal?" He asked the little, wondering his age in general. The little shook his head once again, and put up 3 fingers. "You're 3?" Taehyung questioned. The little nodded- for once.

'Doesn't talk when he's 3, got it.'

"That's okay. I have a friend, Jimin- he's a little too!" Taehyung smiled down at him. The little looked up with a slightly excited expression.

Taehyung could tell he wanted to be happy, but he was holding himself back.

"He doesn't talk when he's 2- almost like you, but a bit younger." He smiled, hoping maybe the little would be more comfortable around him so he could hopefully get some useful information out of him. The younger smiled, but soon bit his lip as he looked down.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked softly, hoping he wasn't in any pain. The little shook his head, but looked up into Taehyung's eyes with big doe eyes. It seemed as if he was debating whether to do something or not.

But the younger male shook his head no for the 100th time, and cuddled back against Taehyung. "When you get better, do you want to come home with me?" Taehyung whispered to him, running his fingers through the younger's hair, knowing he wanted to sleep. The little yawned adorably as he nodded, but made sure not to get too close to the stranger.

He made a squeak out of happiness, even if he was programed not to.

This is only the second time he's ever had cuddles before, anyway.