Chapter 39

2 months later~

Ki'Lani POV

We are in court and it just seems like they keep telling the story over and over. This is so embarrassing and than I am in the room with this man. I only opened my mouth one time and that was to tell the story to the judge and she asked me some questions about my dad and Javon. I haven't had a reason to speak because what am I going to say. Anything I say isn't going to matter. So being mute is the best option.

"Your honor I asked them could she stay with me it isn't safe over there for her and they took her back." My dad argued. "And now guess what I gotta look into my baby girl eyes and see hurt that I never saw before in my life. I never been through no shit like this. Y'all keep talking about some my name not on the birth certificate. That's bullshit because her mom didn't tell me she was pregnant or even had my kid til she was 16. Y'all talking about foster care like her father isn't standing right here asking for my daughter."

"Your honor I wasn't home you can't take my daughter from me. I made a mistake I didn't know-

"How could you not know you had a sex offender is you house around your daughter. What kind of mother are you?" My dad yelled back.

"One that just wanted to be love and appreciated."

"Miss me with the bullshit!"

"Fuck you! You just got here I been feeding her and clothing her her whole damn!"

"Fuck you bitch! You are a liar you just don't want me to have her. All this shit could've been prevented if you would have let her stay with me!"

"I wanted my daughter!"

"If you didn't want me in her life why put me in it. That's my daughter and I love her with all my heart and you don't get it do you?" He looked her way. "She is broken so now it's time for dad to help her. The fact that you are over there with that fucking rapist show where your mind is." He nodded.

"Your daughter was asking for it!" Mr. Phil yelled. "Mr. Phil please."

Javon looked at me and I looked away.

"Stop it okay I know you didn't ask for this okay it's not your fault." He held my chin and I nodded.

Mr. Phil laughed.

It was yelling from both side and he just taunted me.

"I will kill this nigga." Javon let go of my hands.

"Order in the court!" The judge banged the gavel. "So what you are telling me is that you don't wanna press charges?" She took off her glasses and stared at my mom in confusion.

"No I can't. I am pregnant." The people in the court gasped.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" The judge looked at my mom. "Well forget all of us or them. You are saying your daughter isn't a tab bit important to you. Her hurt means nothing? You are a disgrace and she is going to live with her father and you Mr. Davis need to get a restraining order against them today! I will gladly sigh off on them. Keep them away from your family and keep you daughter safe. I am giving you full custody because when I talk to that beautiful young lady the only topic that made her happy was you and your family and her boyfriend. So if her mother isn't going care for her I will. I grant Mr. Davis full custody over 17 year old Ki'Lani Pierce-Davis."

I couldn't help but smiled.

"Her pussy good bro try it." Mr. Phil laughed and it's like Javon took off and jumped on him and just started beat his ass.

The officer raced over to them and Javon just was too strong.

"Whoop his ass!"

"Get him!" The people yelled from behind me.

It's was just a bunch of chaos and some lady ran up and hit my mom and it was just a lot going on.

"Oh shit!" A shot rung off. I instantly got up and ran to Javon and the cop pulled him up and damn near dragged him out the courtroom.

"We need an ambulance now!"

"What happened?" The judge yelled.

"He grabbed my gun of my waist and I had to shot him." Everybody just stood around him and my mom screamed.

My dad grabbed me and we rushed out the courtroom.

We sat in the hallway.

"Listen I got you alright. I will protect you no matter what. I am so sorry I didn't move fast enough." I nodded. "I am sorry from the bottom of my heart that You had to go through this. I will never let anyone hurt you every again. I am so sorry." The tear rolled down him face and I wiped them and shot him a smile.

"I love you so much dad." I spoke softly.

"I love you more." He kissed my head.

They dragged some lady out the courtroom.

"Where's Javon?" I asked and my dad shrugged and we got up and we walked out the court house.

"Hello... yeah just tell her I had to get my daughter outta there... okay that is fine with me... okay..." He hung up. "I'll be right back."

Javon was sitting on the steps and I ran over the him.

"Hey baby." He looked at me and smiled.

"Hey baby." He pulled me on his lap. "I missed your voice." I laughed.

"Thank you." He smiled.

I kissed him.

"No problem I feel like I am still gone kill him it's no doubt. If they don't put that nigga in a cage then he dying so... it really up to them how he go out." He shrugged and I laughed. "So you moving away from me?"

"Yeah but you know my dad will let you stay with me. He likes you. We just gotta continue to be respectful and we will be together.