Chapter Twenty-Three: Happy

Happy was about to head out the door when Molly came walking out of their bedroom, shrugging into his old leather jacket.

"Where are you going, baby girl?" Happy looked at her in confusion. "You know what we're voting on tonight. No old ladies or croweaters are allowed at the clubhouse tonight." Tonight the club would hold a mayhem vote to decide Clay's fate.

"I know," Molly nodded. "I don't feel like being home alone tonight. Avery went with her mom on a weekend trip to LA, so I was going to go and hang out with Krissy and the boys. Wanna give me a ride?"

"More than one kind," Happy straight up leered at her. "It seemed as though he had a fetish for his old lady in skinny jeans and his old leather.

"Oh, you sweet talker, you." Molly rolled her eyes, but she accepted the kiss that he offered her when she reached his side. She also didn't protest when his hand found its way to her ass and stayed there as they walked outside to his bike.

***

Happy had dropped Molly off with her sister and then ridden to the clubhouse with Jax. None of the brothers said a word to each other as they filed into the chapel. Jax kept his words short and to the point.

"We all know why we're here. We've been betrayed by one of our own. Today we're faced with a choice that no brother wants to face. A man's life is in our hands."

The vote went just as Happy knew that it would.

Jax: "Yes."

Chibs: "Aye."

Happy: "Definitely."

Tig: "Yeah."

Bobby: "Yes."

Opie: "Yeah."

Piney: "Of course, yeah."

Juice: "Yeah, okay."

Clay was sentenced to death, and a veil of darkness and anger seemed to run through the clubhouse. No one stuck around to drink like they usually would have after church. Instead, they quickly departed for home or went and sequestered themselves up in the dorm rooms.

Happy had taken off with Jax so he could pick up his old lady and take her home. When they arrived, and while Jax went inside with the intention of sending Molly out, Happy received a text message from Juice.

*** Big fucking problem. Gemma just showed up at the clubhouse. Clay's in the wind. ***

Happy was dismounting his bike to go and tell Jax when the man in question shouted for him from inside the house.