EPISODE 12

The next morning saw a boy sleeping peacefully until the someone began shaking him hard.

"Get up Ranbir. How much more will you sleep? Pallavi aunty is calling you for breakfast." It was Aryan who being the early riser among the two was given the responsibility to wake his best buddy up.

"Please don't go Prachi. Stay a bit longer with me...." Ranbir mumbled in his sleep.

"Oh God! He even dreams about Prachi!" said a perplexed Aryan who was finding it difficult to wake his friend up, specially when he was dreaming about his lady love. Suddenly an idea stuck him.

He picked up his phone and dialed a number and impatiently waited for the person to pick up the phone.

-----

On the other hand, Shahana had just emerged out of the bathroom. When she noticed Prachi looking at her with a smirk.

"What happened? Why are you staring at me like that?" asked Shahana.

"Looks like someone was missing you very much....." said Prachi in a teasing tone.

"What do you mean?"

"Have a look yourself. Someone is so eager to talk with you that he called early in the morning." said Prachi while passing the phone to Shahana. 

Shahana glanced at her phone and was surprised to see Aryan's name flashing on the screen. Wondering what had made him call her, she accepted the call.

"Hello, Shahana?" Aryan asked not sure how to begin the conversation in a normal way as all of his and Shahana's talks had begun and end with fights.

"Yes" came the only reply as Shahana was in no better state than Aryan.

"Um.... Good morning."

"Good morning to you too" greeted back Shahana.

"Have a nice day."

"Aryan! Have you called just to wish me a good morning and a nice day?" asked Shahana a bit impatiently as she was constantly being nagged by Prachi that Aryan had called only to hear her musical voice.

"Huh? No! I just wanted to ask how are you now." replied Aryan having forgotten about the motive of his call in the nervousness and excitement of talking with Shahana.

"I'm fine." replied Shahana shyly.

"Aww, he is so concerned about you." Prachi could hold her laughter no longer and burst into a fit of giggles.

"It's nothing like what you are thinking." Shahana tried to defend herself.

"But I didn't say anything. You imagined what I was thinking all by yourself." said Prachi while wriggling her eyebrows.

"Uh....Shahana. Are you still there?" Aryan's voice interrupted the sisters' banter.

"Yes, speak." 

"Is Prachi there with you? I need her help." said Aryan suddenly remembering the real purpose of his call.

Shahana put the phone in loud speaker mode.

"What's the problem Aryan?" asked Prachi.

"Ranbir is still lost in his dreamland and it is impossible to bring him out of it, specially when he is there with you. Only you can handle him well. So, I need your help."

"Okay, so put your phone in loud speaker mode and bring it near Ranbir's ears." instructed Prachi.

"Wake up you sleepyhead or I'm not going to talk to you ever again and also pour this hot coffee on your face." shouted Prachi over the phone.

Her words acted like magic and Ranbir sprinted up from his bed almost immediately. He was afraid that Prachi would really pour hot coffee over him as he knew the last time when she had threatened to pour water on him, she had done so. More than that he was scared of the thought of Prachi not speaking to him.

"Hey look. I'm awake now. No need to do any of those things." expressed a worried Ranbir. He looked around and found Prachi nowhere in his room. "Where did you vanish Prachi. Am I still dreaming or what?" Ranbir was really very confused.

Arhana and Prachi burst out laughing at Ranbir's antics. This time, Ranbir noticed the phone in Aryan's hand and the truth of everything dawned upon him.

"Haawh. You all are so mean. Is this a way of waking anyone? I know you are the mastermind of all this chikchiki." said Ranbir while snatching the phone from Aryan.

"Stop your drama, you baklu. Now that you are awake, go and freshen up." replied Prachi and cut the call without giving Ranbir a chance to answer.

"Why did you tell her?" Ranbir glared at Aryan.

"Because you were lost in her dreams and only she could bring you out of it. By the way, what were you dreaming?" Aryan asked in a teasing tone.

Ranbir felt caught. He could neither tell his dream, nor lie to Aryan. He looked down trying to change the topic, when the phone clutched in his hands caught his attention. He got an idea! After all, he was Ranbir Kohli who never excepted defeat so easily.

"Leave about me. First tell me why had you dialed Shahana's number when you could have directly called Prachi?" Ranbir's eyes had a notorious gleam in it.

"Um....wo.....actually.....I......" Aryan kept shuttering. He didn't know the answer either. Maybe, he really wanted to hear Shahana's voice. Maybe, he had began liking Shahana more than a friend. Whatever it was, he was sure that she was now an integral part of his life.

"I know....these are the signs of....." Ranbir could not complete his words as Aryan pushed him inside the washroom knowing what he was about to say.

-----

"I have always won over you and your dear di. I have everything that I wanted and I won't let you snatch them back away from me."

This were the exact words that reached the ears of Aryan when he was passing from in front of his mother's room. He wondered what his mother was upto as her voice had a sinister touch in it. He would have liked to hear more but Alia was very alert. She sensed the presence of someone.

"Aryan when did you arrive here?" asked Alia, apprehensive if he had heard anything.

"Just now mom." replied Aryan pretending not to have heard anything.

Alia heaved a sigh of relief. "How are you? You won't believe how must worried I was when I heard you were lost. I immediately contacted the best rescue workers of our city. I would have surely come too, if not for that important deal." said Alia, showing fake concern.

"I understand how important it was for you." Aryan replied.

Alia nodded not understanding the dual meaning of Aryan's statement.

"Mom, I think Pallavi aunty is calling you." Aryan lied to Alia.

As soon as Alia left, he entered her room and began searching for some clue. After searching a lot, he finally found a half burned picture.

It was a pair of one of the most beautiful pairs of eyes looking at him

It was a pair of one of the most beautiful pairs of eyes looking at him. The eyes reflected goodness of the heart of their owner. But it was  impossible to tell whose picture it was.

The voice of Ranbir searching for Aryan broke his train of thoughts. He quickly hid the picture in his pocket and left, determined to protect the lady and serve justice to her.