EPISODE 62

Alia's finger landed on the trigger. Shahana was trapped. If she moved sideways, she would fall down the cliff and moving forwards or backwards wouldn't help her get out of the bullet's way. The gun roared and a bullet shot out.

"Aryan!" Shahana shrieked.

But before it could hit Shahana, Aryan had stood in front of her, acting as a human shield and taking the bullet himself.

"What did you think? You would leave me and I won't know?" he smiled weakly.

"Either of you will do for me." Alia pressed the trigger again.

Blood flowed everyone as the bullet hit a wounded Aryan. 

"Get into the car, Aryan. We need to reach the hospital soon." Shahana urged, tears streaming down her face.

"If we try moving, she may shoot you too." Aryan pointed.

"What an emotional scene, it made me cry." Alia taunted and acted to rub fake tears from her face.

It was the last straw from Shahana. She knew it was almost impossible for them to escape with the loaded gun in Alia's hand, so why not end her too. She had nothing to lose but only gain.

Thinking so, she made Aryan sit by the side of the road. He was too weak to protest now. The loss of blood had taken a heavy toll on him. Shahana walked dangerously towards Alia. The deadly fire in her eyes made Alia flinch in fear. The fact that she was unarmed made no difference.

"Wha.....What are you trying to do?" Alia stammered.

"Do think you are the only one who can finish off a person?" Shahana replied. 

"Stop or I'll shoot you." Alia cautioned.

She paid no heed to the warning and moved forward. She was now at a hand's distance from Alia.

Bang!

The bullet hit the preplanned target this time but it made no difference. Shahana got hold of Alia and they broke into a scuffle. Shahana managed to drag her to the edge of the cliff thought taking in a few more shots in the process. 

Alia was now dangling mid air. The thing that was a barrier between death and her was the hand that Shahana was holding.

"Don't leave me. Please save me." she begged.

"For what? So that you can live to kill or destroy few more persons? Never."  With this, she left her hand. 

"NOOOOO............" Alia disappeared into the darkness below.

Having accomplished the job, Shahana's strength left her. She staggered and fell down. 

"Sha....ha.....na....." a faint dying voice met her ears.

She raised her head to find Aryan scrambling towards her. She gathered the last ounces of power she had and dragged herself towards him.

Barely had they reached each other when fell down with a sense of finality. 

"We fulfilled our promise to be with each other till our last breathe and the end." Shahana spoke with difficulty.

"This is not the end. This is the beginning of the journey away from the earth to a place where no one will interrupt our love." he kissed her head which was on top of his blood strained shirt.

Aa Chal Le Chalein Tumhein
Taaron Ke Shehar Mein
Dharti Pe Ye Duniya
Humein Pyaar Na Karne Degi

Their breathes seemed to cease and they closed their eyes, hands intertwined and smiles on faces.