EPISODE 53

Alia entered Shahana's cabin and coughed lightly to draw her attention. Shahana stood up as soon as she saw her.

"The presentation is almost done. I'll finish it in an hour and give it to you." Shahana reported.

"You can work on it later dear. You are still unwell and should have meals in time. So, go and have lunch." Alia smiled at her.

Shahana wondered if someone had hit Alia on the head. She kept gaping at her mother-in-law.

"Don't be shocked. I haven't been exactly pleasant to you till now but I have changed. You are like my daughter and it's a mother's duty to take care of her child." Alia said affectionately.

"Ok ma'am." Shahana nodded awkwardly.

"You can call me mom from today."

"Yes ma...I mean mom." the word itself sounded very wrong when used for Alia. Yet, Shahana didn't want to anger Alia. She smiled back at Alia and escaped as fast as she could, not wanting to have a heart attack.

-----

"Who are you and where is your boss?" Purab found at the unknown lady in front of him.

"I'm ma'am's PA. She is busy, so she sent me to collect the documents. She will sign it and we'll return it to you tomorrow." the lady explained.

"Disha is too smart to meet me so easily. But, I'm smarter than her." Purab smirked mentally.

"That's a pity. I had to invite her for a party tonight. Please pass on the message to her and inform her that other partners will also be present in the meeting."

"I'll inform ma'am." the PA said.

"What is all these Purab?" Alia bellowed.

"What?" Purab asked calmly.

"Don't act innocent. I know you are intentionally trying to bring Disha back in our lives." Alia yelled.

"This is office. Keep your volume down and where did Disha come into this? I invited our new business partner for the party." Purab replied.

"You very well that the person is Disha." Alia pointed.

"Is it? How can I know about it? Aryan and Shahana had gone for the deal." Purab reminded.

"You know everything. That's why you didn't let me know about this deal at all. But, I'll not let your plans succeed. Wait and watch." Alia warned and stormed out of the room.

-----

"She is Shahana, my talented daughter-in-law who secured this difficult deal for us." Alia introduced to one of her friends and Shahana gave a grateful smile.

She had lost the count of the number of people she had smiled at today as Alia had practically dragged her from one corner of the hall to the other introducing her to every person she knew.

Though she was being irritated by it, she couldn't help but feel a little happy today be included in the Khanna family in a true sense. A small smile crept up her lips. Both Purab and Aryan noticed it.

On the other hand, Disha walked in slowly. The familiar mansion bringing in to many unwanted memories. She bumped into someone and was about to apologize but the person in front of her didn't let her speak.

"Good evening aunty, I didn't know you were coming too." Aryan got happy on seeing her.

Disha ruffled at his hair affectionately. She really liked this boy.

"Hi Disha. What's up?" Purab joined them.

"How do you know her dad? She doesn't knows you." Aryan was curious.

"We were good friends but had lost contact for a long time, so she might have forgotten me." Purab smiled slyly at Disha.

"So, her name is Disha and it confirms that mom has some kind of enemity with her, but what can it be?" Aryan started making mental notes.

"Aryan has taken a great liking for you. Any one who hears him talking about you would think you were his mom." Purab disclosed.

"I wish she was my mom." Aryan muttered under his breathe.

"Did you say something?" Disha asked.

Aryan shook his head in negative. They kept talking for some more time till Aryan had to leave.

"Didn't I say he will love you. We can be a happy family if you agree to it." Purab whispered to Disha and left her all alone to think.

-----

"Such a show off." Dimpy taunted as she saw Shahana passing.

"I didn't know donkeys were allowed in the party too." Shahana acted to be surprised.

"How dare you call me a donkey!" Dimpy was infuriated.

"I didn't specifically mention you as one. You yourself thought it." Shahana shrugged.

Dimpy stormed off in anger.

"She is flying too high. They things she has now should have been mine. I'll have to teach her a lesson." she plotted.

Dimpy began to follow Shahana secretly.

Shahana asked for a drink as she was thirsty. She denied they drink the waiter gave her and obstructed him to bring a non alcoholic one.

Dimpy saw it as her chance and slyly went behind the waiter with a highly alcoholic drink in her hand. She confused the unsuspecting waiter and changed the drink he was bringing for Shahana with hers.

She watched as Shahana finished the whole glass.

"Now the fun begins. The beloved daughter-in-law will now ruin the reputation of the family."