EPISODE 50

"I think I saw someone's shadow pass through the corridor." Shahana said.

"What a scary cat you are! You got so scared by watching the horror film that now you are imagining things." Aryan laughed at her.

"For your kind information, horror is my favorite genre of movies, so there's no chance that I'm scared." she retorted fiercely.

"Now that I think of it, I had probably heard light footsteps." Rhea added.

"A thief has entered in!" Prachi exclaimed.

"We must catch him before he runs away." Ranbir observed.

"What if he has a weapon?" Aryan pointed.

"We must immobilize him first and then attack him." Shahana suggested.

Everyone agreed to the idea. So, the five of them picked up rods, bats, a blanket and a rope and tiptoed in the direction in which the thief had gone.

"There he is." Rhea pointed at a figure in the dark.

"How do we know that it's a thief and not a family member?" Prachi asked.

"Use your intelligence chikchiki, he is peeping in Aryan and Shahana's room. Why will a family of do that?" Ranbir explained.

"So, we will attack him on the count of three." Aryan said and the others nodded.

"One..... Two..... Three..... Attack!"

They threw the blanket over the thief, tied him with the rope and started beating him with all their might.

The scuffle woke the other occupants from the house.

" What is happening here and who is that?" Purab was amazed to find them awake at that hour and that to thrashing someone badly.

"He's a thief who had come to steal our valuables but we have caught him." Rhea said proudly.

"I think it's a she. Her screams sounded like that of a women's." Shahana suggested.

"Let's see for ourselves." Ranbir said and removed the part of the blanket covering the person's face.

"Aunty! Mom! Alia!" the collective gasps filled the atmosphere.

"How dare you beat me up like this!" Alia screamed.

Though everyone wanted to laugh at her condition, Purab was the happiest of all. The children had done what he had been wanting to do since so many years.

"I don't think it's their mistake. They are bound to take you as a thief if you rome about like one in the dark. What were you trying to do actually?" Purab chuckled.

"I..... I was checking if everything was fine. Now stop laughing at me and free me." a frustrated Aliya replied angrily.

As soon as she was free, she got up and left for her room furiously. On the way, she crossed Shahana and whispered something dangerously into her ears.

But, Shahana cared the least about the warning. She had enjoyed herself thoroughly beating Alia though unknowingly.

-----

Dimpy and Shaina were standing at the entrance of the classroom with a smirk plastered on their faces. They were the last persons Shahana wanted to see on her first day to college after the unplanned marriage.

"How's your life now, Shahaha? You must be enjoying the new found luxurious life." Dimpy said in her sour voice.

" I don't have time to waste. Please move aside." Sahana tried to ignore them.

"Of course, all your time is for the sole purpose of trapping rich guys to get married to you."

"Stop speaking nonsense and let me go." Shahana was controlling the anger.

"Why are you in a hurry to go? Don't you want everyone to know how you were scared that you would lose the rich life if Prachi and Rhea refused to accept you as their sister anymore, so you decided to secure your future by trapping Aryan." Dimpy said it loud enough for the other students to listen.

Sure enough, there was a murmur of the students discussing snout the latest topic they has found.

"Excuse me, if you are done spreading rumors about my wife, I would like to clarify that it was My plan to marry her." Aryan appeared out of nowhere and held Shahana's hand in his.

"That's not true!" Dimpy protested as she knew the truth.

"Why can't it be?" Aryan enquired with a raised eyebrow.

"Because it's illogical. Why would you want to marry her when so many girls are after you?" she reasoned.

"It doesn't matter how many girls like me. I love her and people can do anything for love." Aryan replied.

"You were not supposed to be there! It was an accident. " Dimpy yelled in frustration.

"How do you know that? Are you related in some way to what happened that day?" Aryan locked fiercely at her.

"No..... No..... I was just guessing." Dimpy shuttered and left.

"Don't bother about these bullies." Aryan said to Shahana when they were gone.

"I know. I could have handled them myself." she pouted placing her hands on her hips.

So cute

A part of Aryan's brain gushed.

Stop it!

Another part chided.

"What are you thinking?" she asked stopping his mind war.

"Nothing." he replied. "Let's go in."

-----

Purab Khanna was busy thinking something. No, it wasn't a important deal that he had to crack or a last minute presentation. He was thinking how to get back the love of his life.

Now that he knew that she was in the city, he was determined to talk to her and solve the differences between them. He was sure she wouldn't disagree once she she heard what he had to say.

But, how would he get to her? She had blocked all personal contacts. The only way to reach her was the professional one. It was next to impossible too. As much as he knew her, she would cancel the deal when she gets too know that it was Purab's business.

"What will you do about Shahana?" Vikram broke his thoughts.

"What about her?" Purab didn't get what he wanted to say.

"I meant, I have promoted Prachi to the same post as Ranbir. Do you want Shahana to continue as Aryan's secretary?" Vikram explained.

Eureka! Aryan and Shahana!

He had solved the difficulty. If Aryan and Shahana dealt with Disha, she would never know who the owner of the company is and after they become businesses partners, he could always talk with her.

"No. She will be promoted and they will have their first deal to crack soon." he replied jubilantly.