Part 4 ~ Sugar to the Rescue

Start from the beginning

"No he won't because he will be behind bars! . . . Brenda, we have to get this Steve guy out of your house . . your mom and you can't live in danger like that. . do you understand? . . every human being has a right to live in a safe environment . . . you're not safe in there . . and I'm very, VERY happy that you told me this, ok? . . I can help you . . and I will . . . alright? there's no need for you to cry. . you're safe"

"I'm scared, Mr.Jackson . . . I'm so scared for my mom . ."

"I'm gonna call the police now . . . is that ok? are you gonna let me do that?"

"I . . I guess . . ."

"Alright . . I'm gonna do that now . . everything will be fine, Brenda"
_____________________

~ Destiny's point of view ~

Working the late shift . . once agan. Someone please shoot me. I've cleaned tables and emptied full ashtrays for the last 2 hours now . . . I'm not even gonna look at a wash cloth for the next half hour. Why can't Mrs.Stine just hire more people?! . . Why is it that I have to run and do everything around here while she is in her office doing her nails and drinking her expensive champange?! . . it's just not fair!

"Hey sweetheart . . .how about a hot cup of coffee for me?"

I turn around and look at the customer that just sat down on the table behind me. I give him a forced smile and tell him that his coffee is on its way.

"Make it hot, alright? . . just like your hot little body . . ."

I stop and turn around. "Pardon?. . . what did you just say?"

"Nothing, sweetheart . . . just bring my coffee, will ya?"

I suck it up and go make his coffee. Moments like these make me regret working as a waitress. It's the horny ass guys hoping for a little flirting and grabbing . . . well, dude . . not with me! . . I'm sick of guys like him, I'm sick of being started at like that. I don't mind guys checking me out but this guys is crossing the line. The way he stares at my legs is just . . . ugh . . . I'm about to puke. . . .

"Here is your coffee, sir . . . ."

"Wait, wait, wait . . young lady . . . what's your name?"

"That's a secret I like to keep to myself" I say, again, wiith a forced smile.

"Ohhh . . I love secrets . . I love girls and their secrets . . makes it all so much more interesting. You're really beautiful . . . I can't keep my eyes off of you . . . ."

"Too bad . . I gotta go . . . ."

"Naa . . come on . . stay here . . entertain me for a little bit . . ."

"Entertain you? . ."

"Yea . . . tell me something . . . spin around . . let me see that cute skirt from all angles, will ya?"

"OK, that's it!!!" I yell, "I'm not a hooker, I'm a waitress in this restaurant and I want you to treat me with respect! do you understand me?! . . I'm treating you with respect and I expect the same thing from you!!"

Mr.Stine comes walking up to me, asking me why I'm raising my voice like that.

"Mrs.Stine . . this customer was rude to me . . . I didn't mean to raise my voice like that, I just felt like I had to defend myself"

"Defend yourself?" She asks, "What did he do to you, Destiny?"

"He . . he . . . umm . ."

"I just told her how good she looks in that outfit" The old guy adds, "I really love how wonderful you all are dressed here . . that's all I said . . I guess she took it the wrong way . . I was just being nice . . I know how girls love compliments like that . . but I guess this lovely waitress doesn't . . . I apologize from the heart and I will keep my distance and my mouth shut from now on"