Chapter 189 - Barbarian King (6)

Comenzar desde el principio

Moreover, he had a smile on his face.

'If my timing was off by one second…  No, if it was off by .5 second, I would have been sent to heaven.  It wouldn’t have matter what setting I had on.'

At that moment, Hahoe Mask was wearing fabric clothes.

The full set was worth 500,000 gold, and it was called the Thunder Mage set.  Moreover, he was wearing the Circlet of Purification.

He had ignored physical defense.  This setting was solely put on to increase his resistance against the thunder as much as possible.  The Circlet of Purification was chosen to sidestep the inevitable Stun effect that would arise when hit with the Storm Judgement.  He didn’t know if it’ll work against the Storm Judgement, but he decided to equip it.

His combined outfit was incredibly pricey, and this set would give him one chance.

Theoretically, It meant he could survive one hit from the Storm Judgement.

However, when he witnessed the Storm Judgement, Hyrkan’s intuition gave a different assessment.

'There won’t be a next time.'

He had spent an enormous amount of money as a precaution, yet he realized it wouldn’t play a role in this battle.

He couldn’t rely on it.

He had to think of it as him fighting the battle with his bare body. 

He had to think of this as his last and only chance at this.

'Storm......  I really have a bad relationship with anything that starts with Storm.'

The funny part was the fact that useless thoughts filled his mind at his most desperate situation.

The Barbarian King extended its hands towards Hyrkan.  Hyrkan dodged a hand.  Then he kept dodging.

Hweek hweek!

The Barbarian King’s attack was akin to a boxer jabbing with his fists.

Hyrkan dodged them all.

The Barbarian King became frustrated at the nimble Hyrkan, so it brought up its trunk up high before it swung the trunk downward like a whip.

Gwah-ahng!

Hyrkan threw his body to avoid the Barbarian King’s elephant-like trunk.  It had come down like a bolt of lightning. 

However, he didn’t run away too far.  He had to maintain a certain distance.  If he was too far away, he wouldn’t be able to get close to the Barbarian King when the Judgement starts.

[The Storm Judgement is heading towards you.]

[3... 2...]

When the Announcement popped up, Hyrkan dove between the Barbarian King’s legs.

Jjuh-juh-juhk!

The thunderbolt impacted on the Barbarian King’s body.  At that moment, Hyrkan could feel it.

'It is a lightning rod.  If a thunder strikes near the Barbarian King, the Barbarian King will absorb everything.'

He realized he didn’t need to be too fine with the timing.

As expected, this was the method that had to be used to defeat this monster.  Moreover, this leniency was a little bit of courtesy given by Warlord to the User, who carried out this method.

'Fuck.  I’m so thankful that tears are coming out.'

Hyrkan was serious.  The courtesy almost brought him to tears, and as if to pay back this courtesy, Hyrkan once again engaged the Barbarian King.  While Hyrkan confronted it, he looked at the status of the Barbarian King.