Chapter 55 : Maoong's Test (2).

­ Maoong’s Test (2)

Warlord’s main scenario quests were like stepping stones. Once one stepped on one, there was bound to be a next one. It was just that it was hard to bridge the gap between the two stones.

As such, the most important thing in main scenario quests was to step on the first stone. If this came too late, the whole quest progression would be slowed. It was obvious, since a slow start could only mean a late finish.

“Hyrkan, I thank you for the peace and stability you have helped us obtain. It is because of this that I entrust you with this mission.”

Thus, the first step Hyrkan just made was incomparable to anything else.

“Since I started working as Bulkas Mountain Range’s Ranger, I’ve fought with monsters countless times to complete the mission given to me. Recently, there has been a rise in number of monsters that know how to use weapons.”

Maoong.

His well-groomed beard coupled with his large build made him look like Santa Claus to Hyrkan.

With no way of knowing what Hyrkan was thinking, Maoong continued on with his serious speech.

“Unless those monsters suddenly grew talent for making weapons, they must have gotten them from somewhere. While we were looking into the cause of it, we discovered a suspicious place. I would like you to investigate this place.”

“I don’t understand. Won’t the Bulkas Rangers be better suited than me for such a task?”

“There’s a reason behind it. Of course, I don’t want to force you to do anything. You are our, the Bulkas Rangers’ friend, not my subordinate. The choice is yours. How about it?”

When Hyrkan heard what he wanted to hear from Maoong, he didn’t say no.

“I’ve always seen the Bulkas Rangers in respect and I’ve always been thankful of them for their effort in keeping everyone safe. If you are entrusting me with a task, I would of course accept it,”

[The quest, ‘Maoong’s Test’, begins.]

‘It’s finally here.’

Hyrkan yelled in delight. Just to himself of course. He didn’t have any intention of making the same mistake as he did with Ahimbree.

Maoong took something out from his sleeve and handed it over to Hyrkan. Hyrkan carefully accepted it, as Maoong immediately told him what it was.

“It’s a map.”

What he received was a map of the Bulkas Mountain Range drawn on a piece of leather.

‘Oh yeah!’

To Hyrkan, it was no different than a treasure map.

★★★

[Maoong’s Test]

– Quest Rank: Unique

– Required level: None

– Quest content: Bulkas Ranger’s captain, Maoong, has given you this mission. This mission is a test to prove your ability.

– Quest reward: From Maoong’s collection.

A Unique-rank quest.

‘This is 100% the real thing.’

It was a sure tell sign that it was a main scenario quest. As soon as he saw the rank, he nodded his head. To an extent, he was certain that Maoong’s Test was the starting point of the main scenario quest. When he saw the quest rank, his 99% confidence level turned into 100%.