Chapter 158 - Catch or Be Caught (1)

Catch or Be Caught (1)

1.

The forest didn't even have a road.  It was filled with beautiful trees and house-sized stone pillars randomly located within the forest.  It was incredible to see Hyrkan run through such obstacles.  At times, he dodged the tree trunks like a snake, and he used unexpected boulders as launching pads.  He was like a squirrel. 

‘Shit!’

He was awesome at running away.  However, no one in this world like or wanted to run away.

In such an uncertain situation, he held the Deposed Prince's Sword with his right hand as he stayed ready for a battle that might occur at any time.  He had tucked the box with the scrolls containing the Ancient Power on his left side.  He basically looked like a thief running away.  Of course, he didn't have any time to relax.

Hyrkan was running full tilt as his expression expressed his restlessness, strain and urgency.

Something appeared suddenly in front of him.

Hwah-roo-roo-roo!

An enormous wall of fire suddenly appeared in front of him.  Hyrkan reflexively stopped in front of the fire.

‘I'm in a hurry.  Which bastard did this?’

Of course, Hyrkan knew that the wall of fire had been created by a magician.  This was why he had stopped running.

It was around 10 meter high, and it was 1 meter in width.  It was too big to jump over it, but Hyrkan's superior Item Setting meant that the Fire Wall couldn't do much harm to him.

If he wanted to, he could just charge through it.  However, this meant the magician, who had used the magical spell, knew this fact too.  Basically, this fire wasn't meant to damage Hyrkan. 

‘Fuck....’

It was a diversion.

If he recklessly hurtled through the Fire Wall like an acrobat, a critical blow would come from the other side.

Hyrkan had suffered this scenario before, so he was well aware of this tactic.  Moreover, even if there was nothing across the Fire Wall, he had no choice, but to stop.

Hyrkan turned to look behind him.  Unlike the chaotic situation in front of him, it was very calm and quiet behind him.  The only thing he could see was his own tracks.

However, Hyrkan could guarantee it.

‘If Anugas follows the attack pattern from before, it unerringly follows its opponent, and its pursuit can’t be shaken unless it locks onto another opponent.  It is classified as an illusion type monster, so it wouldn’t be strange if it appeared suddenly.'

He had a pursuer except one couldn’t see this pursuer with one's eyes.

This was why Hyrkan considered the current development to be somewhat favorable for him.  

Currently, a Wall of Fire had been placed in front of him, and this meant that there was at least one other User nearby.

He had no reason to waste his energy by striking up a conversation.  Hyrkan tossed the box he had been carrying nearby.  It held the Ancient Power.  At this point in the game, it was worth a lot, but he couldn't fight, while carrying it by his side.  He wouldn't risk his life for the sake of protecting the Ancient Power.

When Hyrkan's left hand was freed, he stole a handful of flame from the barrier in front of him.

The spark of fire took hold on Hyrkan's glove, and the spark didn't fizzle out.  Instead, it started burning larger, and the flames surged forward.  In the end, a giant made out of fire took shape.