Chapter 142 - The Frozen Land (1)

The Frozen Land (1)

1.

The endless snow that was falling down was swept up by cold winds.  It was as if the whole world was shivering.

Hweeeeeng! 

The sound of the winds made one's ears numb.  The world had turned white, which blinded one’s vision.  The only thing one could smell was the coldness.

During all of this, a User dared to to step onto the snowfield.

Pooh-poohk.

The white snowfield became the white predator.  Accompanying a terrifying sound, the intruder was swallowed up to his knees.

“Fire!”

- I have no visuals at all!

In such a ridiculous stage, Sohank was blocking an Ice Bear with his single shield.  It was a 10 meters long bear made out of ice, and it wasn't easy to block it.

‘This is crazy.’

Sohank repeated those words until he was sick of it.  He was about to repeat it again, when the Ice Bear let out a roar.

Koo-oh-oh.

‘It's coming.’

Sohank was nervous, but he readied himself.

Unlike its prior attacks, the Ice Bear used all of its strength to use its Bodyslam.

Ggwah-ahng!

Sohank felt an incredible amount of force transferred from across his shield.  Sohank's body was pushed backwards.

He had barely avoided falling over.  He had maintained his stance as he endured the Bodyslam.  Sohank busily grinded his teeth inside.

‘It this was a grassy plains, this bear bastard would....’

Ice Bear.

This was his first time facing this monster.  It was large, but it wasn't too difficult to face it in a vacuum.  Basically, it didn't have any special skills.  It also didn't possess incredible strength or incredible Battle AI compared to its size.  Moreover, it was fairly easy to maintain the aggro.

The problem was the environment.  The snow was up to his knees, and the ground was covered in ice.  It thoroughly vexed Sohank.

Sohank could always rely on the ground being steady, but he never expected his lack of footing would making him feel so weak.  He be skeptical of the ground he was standing on.  He never expected such a thing to happen, and it made a chill run up his spine.

“Fire!”

Sohank yelled out again.  He wasn't shouting out an order as the commander of the group.  His shout was almost close to a plea for help.  In his life as a gamer, Sohank would be hard to find an  experience that was as humiliating as the one right now.

- We really can't see anything! If we use our magic, you might be swept up in it!

However, it wasn't easy to help him either.  Magician's had to be judicious with their magic.  They had to avoid harming their allies.  However, the magicians could barely see the tip of their noses.  No matter how accurate these magicians were, it was an impossible situation where they couldn't fully use their abilities.

"Fire!”

However, Sohank yelled out again.

- I'm sending it!