Chapter 111 - Black Tree (1)

Black Tree (1)

1.

“I've heard the news. I heard you have granted a big boon to the Magician's Tower. I heard you are helping us out in a major way.”

“Let's just go.”

It was a very dark hallway. There weren't any light source around, so one had to rely on the candle in one's hand to traverse the hallway. If the stairway heading towards the lower floor wasn't distinct, it would have been strange to see someone roll several dozen times down the stairs. Not too far ahead, one could see a spiral staircase, and the path downwards gave off an eerie atmosphere.

Two men were heading downwards.

“You are really amazing.  In truth, countless people benefit from the Tower, but not even half of half of those people return the favor. You have made decision that is counter to what innumerable people chose to do.  I respect you.”

“……let's just go in silence.”

One person was speaking in an excited manner.  The other person was very severe in his countenance.

“I can't believe you are donating 100 thousand gold.  It is an amount of money that I wouldn't even be able to gain even if I saved up for my entire lifetime.  I just can't help, but admire your ability to donate.  The sight of you giving the donation so willingly is admirable.”

This was obvious, but there was no upside in walking with this character.  Moreover, the small hallway made it stressful to even walk here, so the NPC’s excited voice grated on his nerves.

“It's 100 thousand gold.  I can't believe...”

In the end, he exploded.

“Dude.”

“Yes?”

“Let's just hurry up and go.”

He growled out his words like a wild animal.  It was hard to even call it words.

NPC Peun of the Magician's Tower tilted his head in confusion instead of being surprised. This User had voluntarily given up an enormous amount of gold to the Magician's Tower, so Peun didn't know why Hyrkan was angry at him.

It was a reaction that stoked Hyrkan anger.  Eventually, Hyrkan spoke one more time.

“I'm in a very foul mood, so shut the hell up.”

“Ah, yes…….”

Peun finally comprehended Hyrkan's feelings, so it shut its mouth. After the NPC shut its mouth, its expression worsened considerably. Peun's affinity toward Hyrkan had been very high, but this conversation had pretty much bottomed out that affinity.

Hyrkan was well aware of this fact.

However, Hyrkan didn't care about Peun's affinity towards him.

‘Why did a bastard like this have to stick to me... I'm already going nuts from the stomach ache caused by this.’

It hadn't been easy to gather 100 thousand gold for the donation.

Of course, if Hyrkan sold all the Items he had on, he could easily get over 100 thousand gold.  Even now the Skeleton were equipped with gears that was each worth an expensive bike.

In the real world, it was hard to find a rich person sitting on a huge amount of cash.  Similarly, it was hard for Hyrkan to immediately gather 100 thousand gold.  The selling of his Items would be a last resort.  However, even if he did decide to sell his Items, it wasn't as if he would be able to get fair market price on all of them.