"I can't afford a new one." Scott huffs. "And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

Stiles sits up, "Well, A, you're not alone. You have us." He says, pointing to himself and Kennedy. "And B, didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead." Kennedy purses her lips sadly, missing the slightly annoying Hale.

Scott pauses, "Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha, they're not gonna kill him."

"All right, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know?" Pants fly back towards them, landing in Kennedys face. "They use Derek to get Peter, problem solved."

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek!" Kennedy sighs, looking at Stiles as they listen to Scotts rant. "I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find Derek first, just, just help me!"

Stiles groans, "You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that, when he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson?" Kennedy now thinks about Jackson, who had changed so much in her eyes since the breakup. "Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?"

"He wasn't going to kill anyone." Scott explains, "And I'm not letting him die."

Stiles sighs, "Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" Kennedy sends him a glare when Scott suddenly looks up. "What?"

"My Mom just got home from work."

Kennedy and Stiles stop doing what they're doing, letting the McCall boy listen to his mom. A sad look is on Scotts face, "Is she okay?" Stiles asks. Scott shakes his head, saying nothing. "What is she doing?" Scott is quiet for a moment, causing Kennedy to sit up.

"Crying."

Scott moves to his bed, sitting next to Kennedy in defeat. "Scott, you can't always protect everyone," The brunette tries to explain, looking up at him.

Her best friend looks over, "I have to." He mutters. Scott looks up, "Plus, we have to find out what Peter means when he yells at her to remember?"

Stiles nods, "Is that all he says?" The boy looks at Kennedy, "Like, does he say a single other thing?"

"No, all he says is Remember." She explains. "Like, I have never seen this guy in my life!" She groans, falling off the bed.

༺❀༻

"Hey, what time should I pick you up for the dance tomorrow?"

Allison shuts her locker, looking over at Jackson. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I, I'm great. I'm just excited to go to the formal. With you. As friends." He looks past her, eyeballing Scott and Stiles. "Just friends."

Stiles pats his friend on the shoulder. "Hey, don't worry. I'll still be there."

Scott shakes his head. "I'm still going." He mutters.

"Is that such a good idea? Do you even have a date?"

Scott nods, "Yeah, actually, I do."

Stiles frowns, "Wait, who?" He asks.

"Me."

The two boys turn around, Kennedy standing in front of them with a bored look. "Wait, what?" Stiles utters out, confused.

"Scott needs a way into the formal without getting caught, I can help with that." Kennedy explains. "I'll find you on the inside, and I'll spike the punch for you, okay?"

Stiles looks over, "Do you have a suit?"

"Not yet."

"Do you have a ticket to the formal? A ride there?"