fifty-three: i.e.d.

chapter fifty-three ❝  all this running in motion ❞i

chapter fifty-three
  all this running in motion
i.e.d.

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"So, the Walcott's were the first."

"At least the first that we know about."

Stiles rolled his eyes at Kennedy, looking at his dad. "Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine." Kennedy nods, remembering the vision clearly.

"Next was Demarco." Kennedy says, "The guy I had a vision about."

"He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. And got decapitated outside his car."

Kennedy sighs, "And then last night, 23-year-old Carrie Hudson." She lists off,

Scott speaks up, "It's a dead pool. A hit list of supernatural creatures." He says, holding up a sheet of paper. "This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded." The list had multiple names; including Lydia, Scott, Kira, Derek, the Walcotts, Demarco, & more.

"Who found this list?" Asks Noah Stilinski.

"Lydia." Kennedy answers. "She transcribed the code without even realizing it."

Sheriff slowly glances at Stiles. "Banshee?"

"Banshee."

Sheriff sighs, "Beautiful." He mumbles. "All right, what are these numbers next to the names?" He asks, seeing the numbers next to everyone.

"We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key." Stiles explains to his dad.

"Wait. You mean, like a key word?"

Stiles glances at Scott and Kennedy. "It's actually a name."

"Allison." Kennedy whispers. They all fell silent for a moment. Kennedy thought back to that night. Allison had been trying to tell her something. The boys thought it was about the silver arrows, and maybe they were partially right. But something in Kennedy's gut told her something was missing, she just didn't know what.

Stiles speaks up, "Her name broke a third of the list." He said.

Scott stands up straight. "And now we think there's two other cipher keys."