fifty: 117

?content warning?

chapter fifty ❝  i gotta say it's hard to be bravewhen you're alone in the dark ❞117

chapter fifty
  i gotta say it's hard to be brave
when you're alone in the dark
117

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Eight year old Kennedy held onto her dads hand, her stuffed bunny in her arms. Next to her, was her mother, Sloane. Sloane gave her daughter a gentle smile. The three of them walked into the Boys Locker room. Kennedy's big hazel eyes looked at her cousin, who was on the shower floor. When he looked up, his eyes were their werewolf electric blue, and his fangs were bared. Kennedy shrunk back in fear, but her mom comfortingly rubbed her back. Peter turned off the water as Sloane grabbed Derek by his shirt. Kennedy watched as her mom lifts Derek with a simple tug. Sloane's eyes turn red, and instantly Derek's eyes turn back to their normal green.

"I thought," Derek breathed. "I thought I could control it."

Peter looks at his nephew. "All this risk? Just for a basketball game?"

Derek shook his head. "It's the finals. They need me."

The young Hale pushed by. Sloane scoffed. "To do what, exactly?" Kennedy turns as she watches Derek stumble onto the lockers. "Rip someone's throat out on the court?"

"Even born wolves have to learn control on a full moon, Derek." Peter said, standing next to his wife.

"Yeah, but it's supposed to be easier for us, why does it hurt like this?" Derek snaps, looking up at his aunt and uncle. Kennedy held on tighter to her stuffed bunny. Why did her parents have to bring her along? Kennedy was only eight, she didn't need to learn much about this until she was at least twelve or thirteen.

Peter walked over. "Did you bring it?"

"It's not working-"

The elder Hale cut him off. "Did you bring it?"
Derek breathed heavily as he reached into his pocket. He pulled out an object. It had a triskele symbol. Kennedy had one like that in her room, carved into her armoire. "Go ahead."

Panting, Derek looks up at the couple. "I told you, it's not working."

Sloane slams her hand on the locker, her claws scratching at the metal. "Do it!"

Derek glanced at young Kennedy, who silently sat there, staring up at him. "Alpha, Beta, Omega,"

"Again."