forty: illuminated

chapter forty❝ i don't even know where to startbut i can play the part ❞illuminated

chapter forty
i don't even know where to start
but i can play the part
illuminated

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Lydia, Kira, Scott, Stiles, and Kennedy all sat in a line in the sheriffs office. Kennedy sat in between Scott and Stiles, her mind still racing from everything that had just happened.

"So when did you get there?" Agent Rafael McCall asks the group of five. It was crazy, considering the fact that Kennedy had just survived being electrocuted. Somehow, they all did. And Kira was the one who practically caused the towns black out by absorbing the electricity.

Stiles shrugs. "At the same time." He answered. His left hand rested on Kennedy's knee, his thumb gently rubbing back and forth in comfort

"At the same time as who?"

Scott speaks up. "At the same time as me." He answers.

Rafael looks at his son. "By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asked in confusion. Kennedy looked up, seeing the expression on Rafael's face.

"That's what I'm asking you. The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

Scott raises a brow. "Are you asking me?" Scott asks.

"I think he's asking us." Stiles follows, gesturing between himself and his girlfriend of now, nearly six months.

Lydia speaks up, "I think he's asking both of you"

Frustrated, Agent McCall shakes his head. "Okay, let me answer the questions." Rafael stops himself in realization. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear." The teens all look up at him. Rafael looks at the statements taken"Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira." Kennedy looked over at Kira, who had an unreadable expression. "Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting them, which blacked out the entire town."

Stiles nods slowly. "Sounds about right." He says, patting Kennedy's leg. She smiled cheerily, looking up at Scott's dad.

"How did you know he'd take them to a power station?" Rafael asks.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take them?" Stiles explains.

Agent McCall raises a brow. "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." He says finally.