Chapter 177 - Red Desert (4)

Start from the beginning

It wasn’t as if the situation was totally unbelievable.  This was a game.  The large snake had appeared, and it had made a hole.  The hole led to some other location.  This wasn’t out of the realm of possibility of what one would face in a game.  It was actually a very cool setting.

‘If that snake is the boss monster….  Will I be able to kill it?’

The problem arose if they would have to kill the large snake from earlier.  This particular game was sadistic enough to make them confront and kill the snake.  At that point, this would turn from being a cool setting to being a horrible setting.

Even Hyrkan couldn’t imagine himself fighting this snake.

This was why everyone had a vacant expression on their faces.

“I’ll go in first.”

Whistling was able to somewhat pull himself together, so he volunteered to be the sacrificial lamb.  Hyrkan turned to look at Whistling.

“This hole isn’t an Instance Dungeon. One person can go scout and come back.  If there is a problem, one could run back here.”

“Ah.  Then I’ll go in first.”

“No way.  I should go in.  A Crusader has a higher chance of surviving.”

Yojori and Joba was finally able to open their mouths, and they each offered to be the sacrificial lamb.  They spoke about it as if it was their duty.

On the other hand, the Hahoe Mask acted different from them.  He became surprised at their words, and at the same time, he fell into a dilemma.

He was afraid.

He calculated the cost associated with his Game Over.  He used simplified figures for his calculations.  When he arrived at a figure, he clamped his mouth shut.

He didn’t like the number he had arrived at,  and at the same time, he didn’t like the fact that he was weighing only his own interests.

‘When did I…..’

The Hero Slaughterer didn’t use to make such calculations.  The only thing the Hero Slaughterer  cared about was whether he was going to kill an opponent or not.  His calculations revolved around the methods needed to kill the ones that deserved to be killed.  That was it.

“Hoo-ooh.”

Hyrkan let out a long sigh.

“If we are set on this plan, I’ll go in.”

The three of them reacted to his words.  Before they could speak, Hyrkan gave an explanation.

“Even if a lesser monster comes out, the only one that could defeat it would be me.”

Hyrkan was right.  If it wasn’t for him, they wouldn’t have been able to reach this location.  The Red Desert was a burdensome stage even for Hyrkan.  If a goblin appeared here, the three of them would be hard pressed to kill it.  This game was like that.

At his words, the three Users nodded their heads.

“Then we can all go in together.”

“Yeah.  We can do that.”

Instead of giving an answer, Whistling turned to look at Hyrkan.  Hyrkan was still thinking over the decision.

‘It isn’t an Instant Dungeon…  If things go sideway, we can run away.  Yes, that’s what we’ll do.  I’ll just use the Golems to buy time.  If we keep a sharp mind, we’ll be able to survive even if we all go into the tiger’s cave.’