Chapter 174 - Red Desert (1)

Start from the beginning

Hyrkan looked up at the sky.

‘I can't fly around....’

The best option would be to fly on the Bone Wyvern without getting into any battles as he looked for his destination.  However, Warlord didn't permit such an easy method.

The Riding Skill could be used only if one had a destination in mind.  The destination had to be a colonized region like the Heard Fortress ruin town.

Of course, it was ok to mount it.  However, it was impossible to control it.  In the case of the Bone Wyvern, it just stood on the ground during non-combat situations.  It only moved when the battle started.  Moreover, it was suicide to ride a Bone Wyvern into a battle.

This was why he had to walk around this place.

‘Shit.’

Of course, he would have to continue to walk.  He would have to leave behind his footprints on this hell-like Red Desert.

Hyrkan, who had been looking up at the sky, lowered his head.

‘Yes.  Let's see who wins.’

2.

[Your level has increased.]

[The Skill Proficiency for the Iron Golem Skill has risen to Rank D.]

[The Skill Proficiency for the Bone Dragon Skill has risen to Rank D.]

The Level Up Announcement was heard, but the Announcement didn't register in Hyrkan's ears.

‘Battle Completed!’

Hyrkan ignored the Red Scorpion he had just caught.  He turned his head, then he started to run.

He just ran.

“Fucking hell!”

As Hyrkan ran, harsh cuss words flowed out his mouth.  A forest was seen far into the distance.

‘I've finally found it!’

It was a forest filled with trees that rivaled ones seen in the Highwood Forest.  This forest was beyond being silent.  It felt dreary.  It welcomed the visitors with an atmosphere that was quite different from the Red Desert.

‘If I hadn’t found this today, it would have driven me nuts.’

He had spent 10 days within the Red Desert, and he spent to extra days in locating this place.  This was his first success on this trip.

The hardship endured by Hyrkan for the past 12 days was beyond imagination.  The environment tested the Users in a different way.  It didn't allow for breaks, and one had to be always vigilant.  The time spent inside the Red Desert felt longer.  A 10 minute span spent inside the Red Desert felt twice as long as any other region.

Moreover, he had found his target destination only when the Consumable Items stored in his body was almost all gone.

If he hadn't found the location today, he had no choice, but to head back.  Of course, Hyrkan's eyes were about to flip over at his current situation.

‘All right.  I don't care what comes out.  Even if it is a Zombie, I'll kiss it!’

Hyrkan approached the forest with a happy heart, and Hyrkan was able to have his long awaited encounter.

“Do not approach this place dead human.  I'll forgive your trespass only once.  If you return to this place again, even your corpse won't survive the encounter.”

It was an Elf with red colored skin.

[You've gained the title 'The First to Encounter the Red Elf Tribe'.]