10

"OW! SON OF A BITCH!"

"Are you o-okay?"

"Yeah, my ass is just bruised."

"Hahahahah!"

For the last couple (2) of days, Soleil was not allowed back on the ice because he actually did in fact slightly bruised his tailbone.

Doctor Luke had prescribed him some pain medication in case he had any severe pain and something called a doughnut pillow.

While he was in the club's infirmary getting checked out, he was visited by Quinn, who nearly died from laughter after he found out what happened to his best friend.

Since that event, the blonde man had been ignoring him because that was so mean.

Currently, he was laying on one (1) of the lounge chairs near the pool on his pillow to keep any pressure off of his injury.

Ophelia had gone swimming about five (5) minutes before the older man had come out to the back.

The moment she saw him turn the corner, her face blushed bright red and she actually regretted the swim outfit she had put on because it was not the cutest thing on the planet.

Her outfit consisted of an orchid coloured rashguard and her pants were a charcoal shade.

She unconsciously sank further into the water so that he could only see her head and the tips of her shoulders.

To the Irishman, she could be wearing a trash bag and still look breathtakingly beautiful.

Looking up from his phone, Soleil waved at her and smiled in her direction. He watched as she slowly waded through the water closer to him and then propped her arms upon the ledge of the swimming pool.

"H-how are you feeling?"

"Lia, I'm okay. Stop worrying so much and also stop blaming yourself, it was not your fault whatsoever."

"B-but, it is. I should h-have known."

"Shush, I'm not mad at you and no, you wouldn't have known that."

"Ughhhh, f-fine."

The blonde watched in amusement as the brunette rolled her eyes and turned to dive back under the chlorinated water.

Waving goodbye before she did, he yelled a farewell in her direction and then got up to go take a warm bath with some Epsom salts.

Later that day, closer to dinner time, Ophelia found herself outside of her friend, Lyra's door and before she could knock, the door swung open.

A mop of curly locks popped up in front of her and the younger woman watched in amusement as the other woman frantically brushed her hair out of her eyes.

"Hey, honey! What brings you by?"

"I just wanted to ask you something.."

"Of course, what's up?"

Nova's mother leaned against the frame of her door and looked at her friend with concern visible all over her face.

The Hispanic woman looked down at her feet as she was scared that her question might trigger some horrible memories for her.

"I-I was wondering how were you not afraid of m-men after what happened to you before you came to the c-club? I'm sorry if that question upsets you, you don't have to answer!"

"It's quite alright, to be honest. The only reason that I could think of was that I was angrier than anything else. I was upset with Vinnie because he took away something precious to me as well as treated my daughter as if she was nothing. On top of that, he planned to sell her off to the highest bidder, so I guess I channelled that fear into anger and I was free of that rage when I slit his throat. I am not saying you should do that however, I did that because it was war and I knew how Elias felt about Nova."