8

"Fuck this is complicated. I'll go through with it and I fucking hope it works out the way I want it to, or else I'm gonna dig my grave."

*Three (3) days before Soleil's return.*

"HEY OPHELIA! THERE'S A DELIVERY FOR YOU!"

The loud scream that came from the front foyer of the castle made the young woman nearly drop the hot pot of soup that she was carrying. Huffing out angrily, she rolled her eyes and stomped out of the kitchen.

"Benjamin Nilsson. You do not yell at a chef when they are in their domain. I could have dropped steaming hot soup all over the floor but even more so ME!"

Her friend's blue eyes widened in shock and he started to repeatedly apologise as that was the last thing he wanted to cause.

On the inside though, the Herre of the club felt his whole body warm at the fact that she really wasn't scared of him anymore and she had only been here for almost a year (1).

The Hispanic woman made her way around the taller man and over to the front door where there was a florist delivery woman was standing.
She smiled at her and asked her to sign on the dotted line.

Once she had done that, she was handed a medium-sized box and wished a good day.
Carrying the package into the kitchen, she gently placed it onto the marbled counter. Grabbing a pair of scissors, she cut the tape and peered in.

Letting out a loud squeal, she started to jump up and down in excitement. Nova and Elias came running in along with Benjamin to see if everything was okay.

The trio (3) visibly sagged in relief when they realised she was just happy.

"Hey, chef! What did you get?"

"I got a vase of my favourite flowers! Look!"

Carefully, she removed the expensive ornate looking glass container that housed a large set of said flora.

The spicy, sweet and lemony scent of the flower permeated the kitchen which brought Ophelia such fond memories of her figure skating days.

She remembered that whenever there was a tournament her fans, brother and friends would send her these specific flowers if she won or even if she did not.
It was her comfort item for a long time but then for a few years, it was not anymore.

Before her train of thought could go down a deep dark rabbit hole, she was interrupted by Nova saying, "Look, there's a card!"

Turning her attention to where her friend was pointing, she noticed a pastel yellow cardstock and she picked it up.

Flipping it over, her brown eyes widened as she read the message.

The note read,  "For my culinary genius! From your favourite Irishman, Soleil."

That day, Ophelia could not stop smiling for the life of her and could not stop throwing glances at the flowers.

*Two (2) days before Soleil's return.*

As per usual, the young chef was in the kitchen whipping up some delicious concoctions when she was once again called because she had another delivery. This confused her because she did not remember ordering anything.

In her mind, she did not think for a second that it was from the blonde man. In the hallway, Zia was standing there holding a large box and this sight caused Ophelia to rush forward.
She started fretting over having the older woman hold this heavy box for so long.

The Russian woman just smiled at her and shook her, letting her know that she did not mind nor was it a bother to her whatsoever. The younger woman sighed and ushered for her to set it on the counter.